SOLVED Install qemu guest agent on TrueNAS Core 13

sleeper52

Explorer
I'm running TrueNAS Core 13.0-U4 as VM on Proxmox. I want to be able to install the qemu guest agent on it. I found this guide here but I am not seeing any virtio_console.ko and qemu-ga files on the github repo. The only file I see on the list is qemu-guest-agent.in. I would appreciate some help.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
In the resource you linked, there's a download button in the top right... it downloads a zip which contains the files you're referring to.

sleeper52

Explorer
In the resource you linked, there's a download button in the top right... it downloads a zip which contains the files you're referring to.
Found it, however, the files in the guide are outdated. The virtio_console.ko file does not work on TrueNAS 13. I found the updated files which work on FreeBSD 13 which TrueNAS 13 is based on. I have attached the files below. The instruction guide still works but use these files instead.

Attachments

• qemu-guest-agent_freebsd13.1.zip
    165 KB · Views: 1,505

Zedicus

Explorer
did you follow the same guide to install or just installing this package would suffice? Cheers
you have to follow the guide. the info i provided is for the current versions of packages to use while following the guide, as the guide was not up to date at the time i did my most recent install.