Install Plex to an existing Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriscom

Dabbler
Hi,

I've had to reinstall FreeNAS and I'm setting everything up again, I've got existing volumes and jails. One of my issues at the moment is I have an existing jail called 'plexmediaserver_1', I've just installed Plex via the Plugins and its created a new Jail called 'plexmediaserver_2'. Is there a way for me to change the jail Plex wants to use to my existing one?

Thanks for your help!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
is your existing plexmediaserver_1 jail a plugin jail? and if so, does it already have plex installed to it? if your answers are yes and no, respectively, you can upload the latest plex pbi to that jail on the Jails tab.

Chriscom

Dabbler
Hi,

Yes and no are indeed the answers. I've just got to find the PBI location now, how does one find that?

Thanks for the help :)

I also don't have any Storage attached to that jail, should I go through and attach my current (well, original before I had to fresh install the boot drive) 'mnt/media/tv' to 'media/tv', 'mnt/media/film' etc ?

Chriscom

Dabbler
The plugin seems to have installed correctly, if I login via plex.tv I can see my films, music etc, but nothing plays. Also if I go directly to the IP address that doesn't work either. Is this something to do with the storage not being assigned with the jail?

Chriscom

Dabbler
Haha! Fixed, thank you @Joshua Parker Ruehlig

For anyone coming to this for the answer here's a summary.

- My USB Stick with my boot drive failed, I didn't download a config (didn't know you could), schoolboy error. A fresh install and I've got my old drives and datasets, as well as my old jail for Plex.
- You can't install plex via the plugins page as it'll create a new jail so you have to go to your existing jail, click the the little box to upload a plugin.
- I found the PBI file by downloading it from http://download.freenas.org/plugins/9/x64/
- This bit is potentially tricky, I then had to recreate my storage attachments, in my case 'tv', 'film', 'photos' and 'music'. Luckily I didn't do anything more complicated than call them the same on both. (as per screenshot)
- Then just make sure they're mounted and plex should pick up where you left off.

upload_2016-1-30_0-51-32.png

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
glad you got it working. Weird that your only jail was still there even if you already deleted plex from it.

Chriscom

Dabbler
It wasn't really a case of deleting Plex, more not having the config saved on the boot device. Plex was probably still in the jail, all the install did was add the bits missing from the config boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.