Install on microserver g8

Status
Not open for further replies.

digrouz

Dabbler
Hello,

I just bought a HP Microserver g8 and I would like to know if anyone was able to install freenas on it and if you have advices about it?

Regards

gpsguy

You're probably the first on the forum with one of the G8's. Did you buy additional RAM for it yet? If not, I'd max it out with 16Gb of ECC RAM.

digrouz

Dabbler
The 16 Gigs are on the way :). Freenas the does not seems to work on the g8, when I boot from the lastest livecd (mapped from the ILO), it stops and seems "bdx halted" with a lot of numbers before. Any idea why?

PhilInCA

Dabbler
I'm having the same issue. What's strange is that there is a review that the guy says it seemed to go without too much excitement. My box just showed up today, and I'm frustrated at the moment. I'm new to this, and I bought the box as my first NAS. Sitting here not really sure where to go at this point. Here's the link to the working review:

Oh, I guess I can't link. Perhaps because I'm new here....

http://geeklingo.net/hp-microserver-gen8-g1610t-review/

Cathal

Dabbler
I have the same problem med BTX Halted when I try to install FreeNAS 9.1. Did you fix the problem some way?

digrouz

Dabbler
I guess you mean AHCI and not ACPI. Indeed after putting the SATA Controller to AHCI instead of RAID, it boots correctly. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.