ibm serveraid m1015

Status
Not open for further replies.

gzartman

Contributor
I purchased this card for my box on recommendation from folks were. It's a great card.

However, I'm wondering what kind of mini SAS - 4x Sata cables you guys use? I put this card in a 2U rack chasis and the mini SAS cables I purchased stick out above the top of the 2U top. All of the 90 degree connectors I can find are 90 degrees the wrong direction for this card.

Just curious is anyone else has run into this and if/how they solved it.

Thanks

card.jpg

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I have no problems with it fitting in my 4U case. I don't have any recommendations for you unfortunately. :(

survive

Behold the Wumpus

gzartman

Contributor

I might order these and try them, but I'm skeptical if they will work. The 90 degree bend on the mini SAS would have the cable going back into the card. There is a slight dip in the card profile, but I don't know if it is low enough to allow the cable and also plug into the mini sas port.

This mini sas ports on this card definitely are interesting. What strange is that the low profile back plate is an option for this card, so it has to be meant to go in a 2U box.

cyberjock

Inactive Account

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I haven't bought those exact cables, but I can tell you that the 90 degree bend cables that I have that are the same direction as the link I gave above fit fine over the controller.

gzartman

Contributor
Excellent! Well, I guess it makes sense then why there is that notch in the board right above the min SAS slots

Ordered 2 of them.

gzartman

Contributor
Cyberjock,

Do you know how that card numbers the drives? It almost seem random. I would have thought port 0 = drives 1-4 and port 1 = 5-8. It almost seems the drives are almost randomly assigned. I'm sure they aren't, but I can't see a pattern in my limited testing.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Each SFF-8087 has 4 SATA ports at the end. They should be labeled in order of the cabling(at least they have in the 4 systems that I've put M1015s in).

Status
Not open for further replies.