IBM M1115 detected in freenas but no disks showing up?

KingyBear

Cadet
Motherboard make and model - Supermicro X9SCL-F
CPU make and model - Intel Core i3-2120
RAM quantity - 24 GB ECC
Hard drives - 7x 3 TB Drives
Hard disk controllers - IBM ServeRAID M1115 / LSI SAS9223-8i
Network cards - None

Built this home server in 2016 everything has been working fine. I booted it up yesterday (hardware unchanged) after not using it for about 12 months and FreeNAS is not seeing any of my drives. I have checked all the cables and you can feel the hard drives spinning. If I connect a hard drive to the motherboard SATA it is detected fine.

Using sas2flash -listall i get this
Code:
LSI Corporation SAS2 Flash Utility                                             
Version 16.00.00.00 (2013.03.01)                                               
Copyright (c) 2008-2013 LSI Corporation. All rights reserved                   

Adapter Selected is a LSI SAS: SAS2008(B2)                             

Num   Ctlr            FW Ver        NVDATA        x86-BIOS         PCI Addr     
----------------------------------------------------------------------------   

0  SAS2008(B2)     20.00.07.00    14.01.00.08      No Image      00:02:00:00   

Finished Processing Commands Successfully.                             
        Exiting SAS2Flash. 

I have updated Freenas and tried booting on 11.2-RC1, 11.2-RELEASE-U1, 11.2-U7 and 11.3 RELEASE same issue on all.

Any help would be appreciated, I googled around a lot but I couldn't find anyone with a similar issue.

JaimieV

Guru
You're presumably using two SAS-4xSATA cables, and have swapped them around to make sure it's not them?

What do you see from the card's firmware? Probably ctrl-c at the right moment when the LSI BIOS comes up during boot. There should be a list of drives available there - if they don't show, the card has probably popped somehow. Might be worth a reflash for the firmware.