I can't connect to WebUI and TrueNAS system is not detected by local network

CyberPepe

Cadet
Hello,

I have been searching for an answer few hours but I cann't find a solution. I really need your help please.

I was using my TrueNAS Core system normally, transfering some files to it, when theses transfers stopped and from then, I've not been able to connect to my system anymore.

One thing that change in my network recently was a firmware update from my TP-Link Mesh routers, nothing else important has changed that I know. My local network is setup like this: ISP router as bridge mode connected to Ubiquiti EdgeRouter-X-5 (EdgeRouter X v2.0.9-hotfix.6). Then, I use TP-Link routers as access point mode only. DHCP is manage with Ubiquiti router and not TP-Link.

I used to have an IP Mapping on my Ubiquiti router with my, until now IP 192.168.10.230, but as I was trying some things, I deleted that IP Mapping and now 192.168.10.230 is used for another device. My new TrueNAS IP should be 192.168.10.240 but I can't find that IP in the device list of Ubiquiti router, and I'm trying diferent cables (direct from Ubiquiti router to my TrueNAS system or doing Ubiquiti + TP Link + System (as it was before and working great)) and nothing.

My terminal is showing this:

1681297059983.png

Also this:

1681297132112.png

1681297212326.png

At my Ubiquiti Router I have:

1681297236802.png

Please let my know what else do you need in order to try to solve my connection problem, browser is showing this over an over:

1681297252280.png

Any help would be very grateful. I have seen in this forum people restoring defaults settings within the terminal and then restoring pools and everything but I wouldn't like to do that for now.

Thank you for your time.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You might start by assigning your TrueNAS server a static IP (using Option 1 in the console and then an address like 192.168.10.244/24) and see if you can then connect to it from your browser.

I note that you're using a realtek NIC, so not a great start with that, but others seem to have at least been able to get to the GUI with one of those, so clearly it's not that blocking you here.

CyberPepe

Cadet
Done this 192.168.10.244/24 but still nothing happens :-(

Any more ideas please?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
And you've checked the cabling?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
OK, so how are you trying to access TrueNAS? From the Wifi on the TPlink?

Is there a setting on TPLink for Access Point isolation? (this setting exists on some WiFi routers and limits WiFi clients to only being able to talk to the Internet, not to LAN connected systems).

CyberPepe

Cadet
Hello sretalla, I really apreciate your help, thank you!.

I used to connect to TrueNAS with ethernet cable. One ethernet cable comes from Ubiquiti router to TP-Link access point and then 2 ethernet cables goes to: 1 for TrueNAS, 1 for a laptop. I didn't try to connect to TrueNAS over WiFi.

In order to eliminate points of errors, I'm not connecting my TrueNAS like before. Now I have a direct ethernet cable from Ubiquiti router to the TrueNAS system.

Do you think these messages after "Enter an option from 1-11" are normal? Those about "promiscuous mode enabled", "link state changed to UP", changing name to 'vnet0.1'", etc. At the beggining of my TrueNAS instalation, those messages weren't there, maybe they showed up also while everything was working fine but I'm not sure.

Do you think this is ok? About broadcast 192.168.10.255. It should be broadcast 255.255.255.0?

1681327559090.png

Again, thank you very much for your interest in helping me sretalla.

CyberPepe

Cadet
This state from re0 is changing UP and DOWN:

1681369332734.png

Is that important? Maybe is that what is causing my problem that neither my Ubiquiti router nor TP-Link acces point is detecting any IP from TrueNAS?

Please, help.

sretalla