I am not able to connect to web user interface

rangeroper

Cadet
I am having some issues connecting to the web user interface - I configured the network interface following some guides and it gives me a web address afterwards, but the addresses don't work. I have restarted and the same issue

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Did you configure a default gateway?

rangeroper

Cadet
In the console setup, I hit 1 to configure network interface. That is the only thing I have done.

It saves the interface configuration and restarts network and says failed - then it displays the console setup again and below that tells me that the web user interface is at : http://192.168.0.108 but the address doesn't work

Sorry, I didn't know I could post images. Here is a picture

Are you talking about #4, setting a default route?

Looks like when I set up the default route and tried going to the shell and pinging a random site, it tells me there is a host name lookup failure

Attachments

• userinterface.png
    userinterface.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 286

Samuel Tai

You also have to set DNS servers.

rangeroper

Cadet
Dumb question, how do I know what to put in that section? The guide says not to use what he is using

rangeroper

Cadet
Wish I could just pay someone to set this up and be done with it..I feel like I have no clue what to do and I have been at it all day

Samuel Tai

Use the same DNS servers and domain as your PC. You can see these in Settings->Network & Internet->View your network properties.

1591063687786.png

Samuel Tai

In fact, assuming your FreeNAS installation is on the same subnet as your PC, use the same gateway, too.