HW Transcoding Test App and Dashboard Widget

zfsuser9001

Cadet
Hello Forum and iXians,

I was thinking it would be really useful for troubleshooting to know if GPU compute is working since it is dependent on so many things (driver version, plugin/app coding and configuration, truenas config etc). My thought is that there could be some App in the TrueNas Charts repo that was just very simple GPU compute polling app. It would run some test every specified interval to make sure all is well and then report its a data to a log so it could be displayed on a home page widget like the CPU usage etc. Maybe it could even signal where the logic chain is breaking down i.e. Current TrueNAS configuration isn't configured to allow App GPU use or TrueNAS sees your GPU but App does not, or something like that.

I always have tough time knowing if the Plex app is actually working with the GPU and having some super simple App as a canary would great.

Is this a useful idea or am I missing existing way of easily troubleshooting App GPU usage?

dbradley

Cadet
I like this idea! I've been wondering the same myself with no luck finding any info on whether we can create our widgets.