Plex for TrueNAS Scale - Unable to get hardware transcoding functional via Intel iGPU / QuickSync

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
It's possible this is a Plex problem. I'm a Jellyfin user myself.

If you try setting your CPU type to Host on the SCALE VM, does that change anything? I wouldn't think that GPU-specific firmware would care, but perhaps it's looking for some GENUINEINTEL string and having a moment when it gets QEMU instead.

It's possible this is a Plex problem. I'm a Jellyfin user myself.

If you try setting your CPU type to Host on the SCALE VM, does that change anything? I wouldn't think that GPU-specific firmware would care, but perhaps it's looking for some GENUINEINTEL string and having a moment when it gets QEMU instead.
Dead-end. That was just "Totally Borked" in multiple directions even just in general stability. Switched it back. Couldn't even get TrueNAS to boot in a stable fashion.

JonOakden

Cadet
Having there same issue.
N5105 processor with i915 GPU and TrueNas is installed directly (not under Proxmox) but I'm seeing the same thing. It all looks like the GPU is there and detected correctly as you have posted above but Plex never transcodes in hardware. I'm all out of things to try at this point.