[HOWTO] pyLoad 0.4.9 (self-made port)

ArgaWoW

Patron
Yes I know. I have this issues too. Keep attention on update pyload. Often this will brick your installation. I have deactivated the update manager. I do always a snapshot of the jail before I activate it again

Zeito

Cadet
freenas 9.3

Hi,

When i did the installation, system say me " PyQT4" is absent and jinja2 is too old. Is it a problem ?

I added pluggin "OneFichierCom" with my premium account but status displays "no premium" and there is no expired date. Tet my 1fichier.com account is premium and it is up to date :

Configuration

Plugin
Nom Mot de passe Statut Premium Valide jusqu'au Trafic restant Temps Maximum en Parallèle Supprimer ?
OneFichierCom xxxx valide non non disponible non disponible

What did I miss ?

Zeito

MatzeJ

Cadet
Hi,
Just tried to recreate my pyLoad install in a new jail and something is not right. I managed to make it run but it won't auto start with the jail. I don't know if something changed with the jail or with the port and I don't have time right now to dig into it, sorry.

This is what I did to make it run:

1. Login into your Freenas go to Jails and click 'Add Jails'
2. Click 'Advanced Mode'; Put in jail name; make note of the IP address; put in 'IPv4 default gateway'; make sure 'autostart' is enabled; 'typ'e is standard; 'VIMAGE', 'NAT' and '32Bit' are disabled and 'vanilla' is enabled and click OK
3. Use any terminal (Putty on Win, Terminal on OSX etc) to login with SSH to your NAS (SSH has to be enabled in services) as root or use the 'Shell' from the GUI
4. Type in 'jls' (without quotes) and make note of JID of your jail
5. Type in 'jexec # csh' (where # is the JID of your jail)
6. Once in the jail type in 'portsnap fetch extract' (it'll take a while to finish)
7. 'cd /usr/ports/devel/git'
8. 'make install clean'
9. During the compilation it will ask you for the configuration of required packages - leave everything as is but make sure that when it asks for CURL you select Cookies support - it's disabled by default. (use arrows to move and space to check and uncheck the fields, enter to continue)
10. 'cd /usr/ports/www'
11. 'git clone https://github.com/mrhanky17/pyload-freebsd.git pyload'
12. 'cd pyload/'
13. 'make install clean' (you'll get the [install] Error code 1 at the end, ignore it)
14. 'pyload'
15. go through the setup
16. 'echo 'pyload_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf'
17. 'ln -s /usr/local/bin/pyload /etc/rc.d/pyload'
18. 'service pyload start' (may ask you to go through the setup again, remember to provide correct config path: /root/pyload )
19. 'service pyload start' it should run and you should have access to it through web interface with the IP you saw in step 2.

hi all. please help me installing pyload on my freenas 9.10 stable.

until part 13 everything seems to be okay. but at the "make install clean" i´ll get some errors. please look at my post below.

Code:
root@pyload:/usr/ports/www/pyload # make install clean
===>  Staging for pyload-0.4.9_1
===>   pyload-0.4.9_1 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.so - found
===>   pyload-0.4.9_1 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/curl - not found
Error a dependency refers to a non existing origin: /usr/ports/ftp/py-curl in RUN_DEPENDS
===>   pyload-0.4.9_1 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django - not found
===>  py27-django-1.8.7 This port will switch to a meta port soon. Please use
py-django18 instead..
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports/www/py-django
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/www/pyload
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/pyload
root@pyload:/usr/ports/www/pyload #

so the command "pyload" (part 14) will not work.

i am an freebsd newbie and i hope you can help me.

ArgaWoW

Patron
Hi,

do this steps:

2. Click 'Advanced Mode'; Put in jail name; make note of the IP address; put in 'IPv4 default gateway'; make sure 'autostart' is enabled; 'type' is standard; 'VIMAGE', 'NAT' and '32Bit' are disabled and 'vanilla' is enabled and click OK
  3. Use any terminal (Putty on Win, Terminal on OSX etc) to login with SSH to your NAS (SSH has to be enabled in services) as root or use the 'Shell' from the GUI.
  4. Type in 'jls' (without quotes) and make note of JID of your jail
  5. Type in 'jexec # csh' (where # is the JID of your jail)
  6. Once in the jail type in 'portsnap fetch extract' (it'll take a while to finish)
  7. 'cd /usr/ports/devel/git'
  8. 'make install clean'
  9. During the compilation it will ask you for the configuration of required packages - leave everything as is but make sure that when it asks for CURL you select Cookies support - it's disabled by default. (use arrows to move and space to check and uncheck the fields, enter to continue)
  10. 'cd /usr/ports/www'
  11. 'git clone https://github.com/mrhanky17/pyload-freebsd.git pyload'
  12. 'cd pyload/'
  13. make makesum
  14. 'make install clean' (you'll get the [install] Error code 1 at the end, ignore it)
  15. 'pyload'
  16. go through the setup
  17. 'echo 'pyload_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf'
  18. 'echo 'pyload_flags="--daemon"' >> /etc/rc.conf'
  19. 'echo 'pyload_pid="/var/run/pyload.pid" ' >> /etc/rc.conf'
  20. 'echo 'pyload_config="/root/pyload"' >> /etc/rc.conf' Note that this is the config Path you choose in the pyload Setup (Step 14-15). If you don't changed the Path its '/root/pyload'.
  21. 'ln -s /usr/ports/www/pyload/work/stage/usr/local/etc/rc.d/pyload /etc/rc.d/pyload'
  22. 'service pyload start'
  23. pyload should run and you should have access to it through web interface with IP you saw in step 2. http://IP:8000/
The trick is Nr.13 !!!!

Hope it will help you.

Kind regards

MatzeJ

Cadet
hey. thanks for your help. but this is my result:

Code:
root@pyload:/usr/ports/www/pyload # make makesum
===>  License GPLv3 accepted by the user
===>  Found saved configuration for pyload-0.4.9_1
===>   pyload-0.4.9_1 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
===> Fetching all distfiles required by pyload-0.4.9_1 for building
root@pyload:/usr/ports/www/pyload # make install clean
===>  Staging for pyload-0.4.9_1
===>   pyload-0.4.9_1 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.so - found
===>   pyload-0.4.9_1 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/curl - not found
Error a dependency refers to a non existing origin: /usr/ports/ftp/py-curl in RUN_DEPENDS
===>   pyload-0.4.9_1 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django - not found
===>  py27-django-1.8.7 This port will switch to a meta port soon. Please use
py-django18 instead..
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports/www/py-django
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/www/pyload
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/pyload
root@pyload:/usr/ports/www/pyload # pyload
pyload: Command not found.
root@pyload:/usr/ports/www/pyload #

what now? any ideas?

ArgaWoW

Patron
Have you done step 13? You should start from the begining.

Last edited:

MatzeJ

Cadet
  1. root@pyload:/usr/ports/www/pyload # make makesum
  2. ===> License GPLv3 accepted by the user
  3. ===> Found saved configuration for pyload-0.4.9_1
  4. ===> pyload-0.4.9_1 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
  5. ===> Fetching all distfiles required by pyload-0.4.9_1 for building
  6. root@pyload:/usr/ports/www/pyload # make install clean
  7. ===> Staging for pyload-0.4.9_1
  8. ===> pyload-0.4.9_1 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.so - found
  9. ===> pyload-0.4.9_1 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/curl - not found
  10. Error a dependency refers to a non existing origin: /usr/ports/ftp/py-curl in RUN_DEPENDS
  11. ===> pyload-0.4.9_1 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django - not found
  12. ===> py27-django-1.8.7 This port will switch to a meta port soon. Please use
  13. py-django18 instead..
  14. *** Error code 1

15. Stop.
  16. make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports/www/py-django
  17. *** Error code 1

18. Stop.
  19. make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/www/pyload
  20. *** Error code 1

21. Stop.
  22. make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/pyload
  23. root@pyload:/usr/ports/www/pyload # pyload
  24. pyload: Command not found.
  25. root@pyload:/usr/ports/www/pyload #
shure. everything in bold are my commands. the jail seems to be work fine.

please look at my underlined outputs. "not found" !? please help me. :-(

ArgaWoW

Patron
Sorry but I can't help you to solve this problem. Perhaps the problem depends on Freenas 9.10, I have installed PyLoad on 9.3 and upgraded later to 9.10. I have tested the intallation and i get the same error as you.

Sorry

wolf3d

Cadet
Hello all and thanks for this tutorial! After some work I've managed to get pyload to works but trying to download something from Easybytez I get the error
'EasybytezCom' object has no attribute 'core'
and the queue is not starting, do you have any suggestion?

Thanks!

ArgaWoW

Patron
Hi all,
i have used this guide some month ago to get PyLoad running on my FreeNas 9.10. I the past i have much trouble with plugins that don't work anymore. Today i got the message in PyLoad "PyLoad Update available" but i have no idea how to install this update.

I will be happy for any advice in this point.

Thanks a lot.

Invert

Cadet
Try going to 'cd /usr/ports/www/pyload' and then hit git pull. After that follow the instructions after 11.

ArgaWoW

Patron
Hello,
after i have done git pull in the directory you called i got this:

Code:
remote: Counting objects: 7, done.
remote: Total 7 (delta 4), reused 4 (delta 4), pack-reused 3
Unpacking objects: 100% (7/7), done.
From https://github.com/mrhanky17/pyload-freebsd
   f82503d..68b7580  master     -> origin/master
Updating f82503d..68b7580
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
        Makefile
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting

I don't understand what it means :/

Please help :)

Thanks a lot

ArgaWoW

Patron
Git Pull now works. When i try :
Code:
make install clean

i got this:
Code:
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 1171: UNAME_r (10.3-RELEASE-p3) and OSVERSION (903000) do not agree on major version number.

Invert

Cadet
Dont know what the means, would recommend making new jail and trying the whole process again.

ArgaWoW

Patron
Dont know what the means, would recommend making new jail and trying the whole process again.
Ok, I will try it. Do i get the latest version when i use:
Code:
 'git clone https://github.com/mrhanky17/pyload-freebsd.git pyload'

Invert

Cadet
Yes, if you clone initially you always get the head revision unless you specify otherwise.

ArgaWoW

Patron
Yes, if you clone initially you always get the head revision unless you specify otherwise.
I have made the new install and it looks like i have the new version. But i have one Problem, when i try to change some settings it don't be saved.

Does anyone know about this problem in the new version of PyLoad?

EDIT: It looks like the setting will be saved, but not displayed correct in the web UI. When I made some changes to settings e.g. general/language from 'de' to 'en' and restart PyLoad, the language has be changed. But in the settings the language still has the value 'de'.
I have checked the file '/root/PyLoad/PyLoad.conf' and the settings in the are the same i have made in the ui. From where do the ui get his values.....

EDIT2: Ok, it seems to be a problem with the InternetExplorer (Edge). When i quit and enter again, the settings as it should be....

can anyone help please to solve this!

Last edited:

Triumph

Dabbler
I just used the guide listed here by ArgaWoW (and a few others), and updated it to work with Freenas 9.10.1, here is the steps with the additions to make it work with 9.10.1 (in bold):
(There probably is a better way then the way I did it, but I'm fairly new to FreeNas/FreeBSD)
  2. Click 'Advanced Mode'; Put in jail name; make note of the IP address; make sure 'autostart' is enabled; 'type' is standard; 'VIMAGE', 'NAT' and '32Bit' are disabled, and click OK
  3. Setup your storage for the pyload jail, I personally mapped a spare Stripe Harddrive to /root/pyload/downloads (so I'm using the default download directory)
  4. Also fix your permissions on the jail, under Storage, jails/pyload, setting Read, Write, Execute to Owner, Group and Other, along with set permissions recursively.
  5. Use any terminal (Putty on Win, Terminal on OSX etc) to login with SSH to your NAS (SSH has to be enabled in services) as root or use the 'Shell' from the GUI.
  6. Type in 'jls' (without quotes) and make note of JID of your jail
  7. Type in 'jexec # csh' (where # is the JID of your jail)
  8. Once in the jail type in 'portsnap fetch extract' (it'll take a while to finish)
  9. 'cd /usr/ports/devel/git'
  10. 'make install clean' (Just keep pressing Enter, when package installs come up, installing the default options.)
  11. (somewhere near the end of the install process it will error out, complaining about not finding curl and django18.)
  12. 'pkg install ftp/py-pycurl'
  13. 'pkg install www/py-django18'
  14. 'cd /usr/ports/www'
  15. 'git clone https://github.com/mrhanky17/pyload-freebsd.git pyload'
  16. 'cd pyload/'
  17. make makesum
  18. 'make install clean' (you'll get the [install] Error code 1 at the end, ignore it)
  19. 'pyload'
  20. go through the setup
  21. 'echo 'pyload_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf'
  22. 'echo 'pyload_flags="--daemon"' >> /etc/rc.conf'
  23. 'echo 'pyload_pid="/var/run/pyload.pid" ' >> /etc/rc.conf'
  24. 'echo 'pyload_config="/root/pyload"' >> /etc/rc.conf' Note that this is the config Path you choose in the pyload Setup (Step 14-15). If you don't changed the Path its '/root/pyload'.
  25. 'ln -s /usr/ports/www/pyload/work/stage/usr/local/etc/rc.d/pyload /etc/rc.d/pyload'
  26. 'service pyload start'
  27. pyload should run and you should have access to it through web interface with IP you saw in step 2. http://IP:8000/
Hope this helps, maybe we could get a official plugin?

Last edited: