[HOWTO] pyLoad 0.4.9 (self-made port)

madmax

Explorer
Having problems after "make install clean" pyload. When I enter "pyload", it saids command not found. After entering the symlink and enter "service pyload start", I get "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/pyload: WARNING: /usr/local/etc/pyload/pyload.conf is not readable." Also seems to have install it in /usr/local/www/pyload.

I'm using 9.2 Release x64 and try to follow exactly the guides but after several times there might be something for 9.2 that is different. Maybe the port packages? Git installs Curl 7.33.0_2 and has Cookies checked as a default. As a side note, I installed a jail as standard/vanilla and unchecked vmimage which causes NAT and IP to be grayed out.

I wouldn't think 9.2 would cause much to change for install but I'm not sure. I done this several times and same result.

madmax

Explorer
I reinstalled the jail with pkg_add -r py27-curl and git and then did a port extract and used pyload port. Any install error that stop the install, I use pkg_add to install that missing package and then reinstalled pyload. That worked just fine. I think the ports git just didn't compile something correctly.

I think I'm moving on to Jdownloader and find a way to install it in linux jail. Not that impress with pyload. At least having trouble downloading from putlocker.com and thats a show stopper for me.

Thanks for the guide though.

drzui

Cadet
hey madmax,

i also have problems with installing pyload on freenas 9.2.
Would you be so kind and explain your steps in a more detailed way (like the post from ClassicGOD), i'm not very familiar with freebsd.
Thanks a lot for your help!

madmax

Explorer
1. Login into your Freenas go to Jails and click 'Add Jails'
2. Click 'Advanced Mode'; Put in jail name; make note of the IP address; put in 'IPv4 default gateway'; make sure 'autostart' is enabled; 'type' is standard, check off 'vimage' and 'vanilla' is enabled and click OK
3. Use any terminal (Putty on Win, Terminal on OSX etc) to login with SSH to your NAS (SSH has to be enabled in services) as root or use the 'Shell' from the GUI.
4. Type in 'jls' (without quotes) and make note of JID of your jail
5. Type in 'jexec # csh' (where # is the JID of your jail)

This is where I detracted. Using freshports.org and pkg_add instead of ports. I think dependencies weren't being installed using 9.2 ports. Look at the list in the beginning of the post, lets you know the dependencies also check out his github. https://github.com/mrhanky17/pyload-freebsd. Also his install script will install anything it needs but it will also stop install and tell you what its missing so you can install.

6. 'pkg_add -r py27-curl'
'pkg_add -r git'
'pkg_add -r py27-sqlite3'
'pkg_add -r py27-imaging'
'pkg_add -r py27-pycrypto'
'pkg_add -r gocr'
7. 'pkg_add -r py27-qt4' I install this b/c pyload shows it missing when you run initial configuration and do a system test. You may not need it.

I'm sure there is better way then installing all of portsnap but this works. This is a lot quicker then previous editions where it would take a while. It only took a couple of minutes for me.

9. Once in the jail type in 'portsnap fetch extract' (it'll take a while to finish)

10. 'cd /usr/ports/www'
11. 'git clone https://github.com/mrhanky17/pyload-freebsd.git pyload'
12. 'cd pyload/'
13. 'make install clean' (you'll get the [install] Error code 1 at the end, ignore it) (OpenSSL if your going to use https)
14. 'pyload'
15. go through the setup
16. 'echo 'pyload_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf'
17. 'echo 'pyload_flags="--daemon"' >> /etc/rc.conf'
18. 'echo 'pyload_pid="/var/run/pyload.pid" ' >> /etc/rc.conf'
19. 'echo 'pyload_config="/root/pyload"' >> /etc/rc.conf' Note that this is the config Path you choose in the pyload Setup (Step 14-15). If you don't changed the Path its '/root/pyload'.
20. 'ln -s /usr/ports/www/pyload/work/stage/usr/local/etc/rc.d/pyload /etc/rc.d/pyload'
21. 'service pyload start'
22. pyload should run and you should have access to it through web interface with IP you saw in step 2. http://IP:8000/

So I was able to get into GUI and mess around. I didn't try any other hosters other then putlocker.com. Couldn't get it to work but i'm sure it works for other hosters. pyLoad doesn't seem to be updated in long time but I don't think theres another option. Next week I think I might try to get it to work for putlocker. Let me know if you have any success.

drzui

Cadet
Thank you very much for your detailed description.

It worked just fine for me, i don't get any errors during installation.

You're right relating to the update state of pyLoad, i have tried a few hosters (uploaded.to, share-online.biz and netload) unfortunately none of them worked.

Do you think there is any chance to get jDownloader running on FreeNAS?

bombai

Cadet
Anyone has working pyload with uploaded.net account? Or the maintenance of this plugin is dead?

Thanks.

Retrogamer

Dabbler
When i try to write "make install clean" in the git folder it says, that my pkg is to old. It has to be 1.3.8. But when i do pkg upgrade and update it is only 1.3.7 and tells me it is the newest version. how can i get to 1.3.8 ?

underw3b

Dabbler
When i try to write "make install clean" in the git folder it says, that my pkg is to old. It has to be 1.3.8. But when i do pkg upgrade and update it is only 1.3.7 and tells me it is the newest version. how can i get to 1.3.8 ?

Same problem !!

Anyone can help us pls ?

mjws00

Guru
Here guys. dlavigne and I were discussing this earlier. I did it the long way the first time. If your ports are updated you can:

#make -C /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg build deinstall install clean

otherwise update your ports first:
#portsnap fetch update

Good luck.

underw3b

Dabbler
It worked !! thx you!

Now i've got an error step 14.

13. 'make install clean' (you'll get the [install] Error code 1 at the end, ignore it)

root@pyload:/usr/ports/www # cd pyload/ && make install clean
===> pyload-0.4.9_1 is marked as broken: Not staged..
*** [install] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/pyload.

14. 'pyload'

root@pyload:/usr/ports/www/pyload # pyload
pyload: Command not found.

Anyone can help me please ?

I'm almost done ^^

Last edited:

rest2178

Cadet
Hello,
if you get an error in Step 14 then edit the Makefile. Delete the Line NO_STAGE=yes.
Then it worked for me.

sensor76140

Explorer
Hello everyone, i'm french guy. I try to install pyload by its not works. I follow your tutorial but its not work, i have this message:

Code:

pkg-static: lstat(/usr/ports/www/pyload/work/stage/usr/local/share/pyload/docs/): No such file or directory
pkg-static: lstat(/usr/ports/www/pyload/work/stage/usr/local/share/pyload/): No such file or directory
pkg-static: duplicate file listing: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/pyload, ignoring
*** [fake-pkg] Error code 74

i don't known what i can do... please help..

bithunter_99

Cadet
i've some problems too:
Code:
Making install in tessconfigs
 /bin/mkdir -p '/usr/ports/graphics/tesseract/work/stage/usr/local/share/tessdata/tessconfigs'
 install  -o root -g wheel -m 0644 batch batch.nochop nobatch matdemo segdemo msdemo '/usr/ports/graphics/tesseract/work/stage/usr/local/share/tessdata/tessconfigs'
Making install in testing
cd /usr/ports/graphics/tesseract/work/tesseract-ocr && install  -o root -g wheel -m 0644 AUTHORS ChangeLog README ReleaseNotes /usr/ports/graphics/tesseract/work/stage/usr/local/share/doc/tesseract
cd /usr/ports/graphics/tesseract/work/tesseract-ocr/doc && /bin/sh -c '(/usr/bin/find -d $0 $2 | /usr/bin/cpio -dumpl $1 >/dev/null  2>&1) &&  /usr/sbin/chown -Rh root:wheel $1 &&  /usr/bin/find -d $0 $2 -type d -exec chmod 755 $1/{} \; &&  /usr/bin/find -d $0 $2 -type f -exec chmod 444 $1/{} \;' -- html /usr/ports/graphics/tesseract/work/stage/usr/local/share/doc/tesseract
find: html: No such file or directory
find: html: No such file or directory
*** [post-install] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/tesseract.

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/tesseract.
*** [run-depends] Error code 1

root@pyload:/usr/ports/www/pyload #