How to recover this TrueNAS instance?

fenugurod

Cadet
I was doing some tests with a TrueNAS installation and luckily there was nothing stored there yet. TrueNAS is running as a VM at Proxmox. What I did to get into this broken state is:
  1. I did a passthrough of the SATA controller to the VM and removed the 2 disks that were directly assigned to it.
  2. I forgot the password so I did a reset of the configuration from the console.
  3. Once reboot it got into this state and it simply doesn't boot anymore.
This is the console output.
hh5hwscp2mdc1.png

After a lot of time I received a "middleware not loaded error" and I could drop into a shell and these are the services that are not starting for some reason:
jfzef6sy6mdc1.png

I also removed the SATA passthrough and the problem remains.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Since there's nothing there to lose, drop the OS disk and with a new one, install TrueNAS again.

fenugurod

Cadet
Since there's nothing there to lose, drop the OS disk and with a new one, install TrueNAS again.
I was really really considering that, the only thing is, what if this happened with real data there? Can I put this server again on it's feet? This is kinda of the litmus test between "yeah I have the knowledge to run my own NAS or just buy a Synology unit".

sretalla