How to install an Aiptek UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

non-serviam

Cadet
I just bought an Aiptek PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD UPS and want to know how is it possible to install it, because it is not on the UPS drivers list. I am using FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-x64 (10351) and I have connected it through a USB port.

gpsguy

I can't answer your question about your new UPS, but you should update to the latest 8.3x version of FreeNAS, first.

Your version is over a year old and there have been a number of bug fixes and enhancements since 8.0.4.

non-serviam

Cadet
I can't answer your question about your new UPS, but you should update to the latest 8.3x version of FreeNAS, first.

Your version is over a year old and there have been a number of bug fixes and enhancements since 8.0.4.

Done! Now what?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You'll need to figure out if your UPS is made by another company and just renamed with Aiptek on it. Then figure out if that hardware is compatible with FreeBSD. It may not be compatible. It will require digging (and maybe experimenting) to figure out if it can work. Unfortunately, unless someone has your exact brand and model it is hard for us to provide any valuable advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.