How to get the Rsync Tasks to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Webb

Cadet
I have just stood up a second Freenas server with some extra 1TB drives striped together for 10TB of room. as its not very fast i would like my Main Freenas server to replicate each dataset to server 2 using the built in Rsync task.

So i went into the "Backup server" made a Dataset called Shared which is the same name as the one on the "main server" i then made the user Root and i checked that mode had everything checked and then checked recursivly.

Then i went and loged onto the Main Server clicked tasks then Rscnc Task now i clicked the button to add a new task. I set the path to the dataset i want backed up or synced.
select user to root
Rscnc mode is Rsync module
Direction is Push
description i just use the name of the data set
then Recusive selected
Times no
Compress yes
Archive no
delete no
quiet n
preserve extetended attributes no
delay updates yes

Then enable selected

when i look at the log it says that it can not find the module i have check that i have it the same i how its spelt on the dataset the capital letter in the same place etc. i made 11 different one`s one for each dataset and they all are saying they can not find the module. any ideas? like i said i thought it was permisions so im using root, made the folders with root and clicked to do it recursivly.

thanks

nojohnny101

Wizard
I have to ask, is there a particular reason you are not using replication instead? Seems to make more sense especially since you have two FreeNAS boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.