How to get hardware stats via SNMP with TrueNAS Core

benze

Dabbler
Hi,

I am running TrueNAS Core-12.0-U6.1 on an HP Proliant DL160 G6. I am looking to see if anyone is running a similar configuration and is able to get SNMP data for the underlying hardware from TrueNAS.

My install is a TrueNAS Core TrueNAS-12.0-U6.1 installation running with the following configuration:
- 72G RAM
- 4 x 14TB Seagate Exos X16 7200 RPM (ST14000NM001G)
- Dual XEON CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz (24 Threads)

When I enable SNMP on TrueNAS, I am able to receive information for all TrueNAS controlled hardware, however, I don't get any underlying hardware details, such as Fan speeds, CPU temps, HDD Smart, etc.

I suspect I need special HP SNMP agents, however I was unable to find any agents for BSD.

Does anyone use SNMP with Proliant servers and TrueNAS Core?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Observium among other similar tools can add data read via IPMI to an SNMP device. Works like a charm. I am not aware of any other way.

benze

Dabbler
Observium among other similar tools can add data read via IPMI to an SNMP device. Works like a charm. I am not aware of any other way.

I had Observium installed, but didn't have IPMI configured or enabled on the shared LAN port. Works great now. Thanks for the tip.

If you are well versed with Observium - any idea why I would have Fan speeds now showing on my TrueNAS installation, but not for my matched Proliant DL160 G6 which is running XenServer (XCP-ng) with hp-snmp agents (also with IPMI setup and configured).

Thanks!

Eric

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Sorry, no. They have a Discord :wink: