How to configure this folder share (CIFS+Unix Permission)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InGenetic

Contributor
Dear all,

I need help to configure 1 folder for collaboration between 2 user from 2 different Group ( 2 different username and 2 different group )

i'm using CIFS share here and unix permission from web GUI.

Collaboration Folder.jpg

as seen on my attached picture, i'm so confuse how to set the permission for that ( ? ) folder,
because i want only 2 people from 2 different group who can access this folder, no one else.
and that 2 people has full control access can edit each other folder or files ..

i just try often :
1. one person only has a full access the other has read only,
2. 2 person can make a new folder, new file, but can't edit each other ..

Please help ..

Regards,

marian78

Patron
hm, 3rd group for that dataset and add this group as auxiliary for that two users?

marian78

Patron
....hm, added two posts, but i only once press save changes...

InGenetic

Contributor
hm, 3rd group for that dataset and add this group as auxiliary for that two users?

that's what i'm trying to do and how about the unix permission for that folder ? coz my result as on my first post .
1. one person only has a full access the other has read only,
2. 2 person can make a new folder, new file edit file which create by the user it self, but can't edit each other file.

regards,

D

dlavigne

Use CIFS permissions instead. This will set the default ACLs which can then be fine-tuned using a Windows system.

InGenetic

Contributor
Use CIFS permissions instead. This will set the default ACLs which can then be fine-tuned using a Windows system.

dlavigne, i'm sorry i don't understand about what you mean ..
can u explain more detail ? i'm using CIFS methode for share folder, and unix permission from web GUI for now.

Regards,

D

dlavigne

Instead of Unix permissions, use the "Windows/Mac ACL" permission type.

InGenetic

Contributor
i have try windows/mac ACL for a couple times , and i set the permission from windows 7 (properties--security tab).
my problem with windows ACL is like this :
I made 1 folder for 5 user , all have full access , i set from security tab properties folder,
i made the folder and add 5 user at the same time, it's working ..
but, three days later , i have to add another user ( the sixth user) into that folder, i can do it.
but the latest user, when he access the folder, he just see an empty space .. no file or folder that create or edit by 5 user that i add before.

i don't know why, so i decided to use unix permission, but there's another problem now ..

Regards,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.