Sharing cifs permission through windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

InGenetic

Contributor
Dear all,

I'm using freenas 9.2.1.7 , i create 1 data set which owner set to "Nic" as admin account and share with cifs.
then i browse to the share folder , right click and set permission . like picture attached.

permission.jpg

The problem are :

1. When i want to see the permission after a few days .. account name seen like ? account unknown ....
how to fix it ?

2. big problem is like this : beginning i add 4 user ( A, B C & D) to that folder when i first created that folder ..and everything's goes fine .. they're all have a full access permission on that folder . the problem come after a couple days , i have to add one new user called " E " to that folder,

then i add this user using security tab on properties folder is like what i did when i create that folder and add 4 user .. after i add the new user "E" .. he can accessing that folder .. BUT .. He doesn't see any file on that folder .. the fact .. there 's some folder and some files on that folder ..

How can i fix it ?

Please help ..

Thanks n regards,

D

dlavigne

1. When i want to see the permission after a few days .. account name seen like ? account unknown ....how to fix it ?

That's weird. Do you have a screenshot of that?

2. big problem is like this : beginning i add 4 user ( A, B C & D) to that folder when i first created that folder ..and everything's goes fine .. they're all have a full access permission on that folder . the problem come after a couple days , i have to add one new user called " E " to that folder,

Does this only happen when the admin user shows as the "?" ?

InGenetic

Contributor
The screenshot like attached picture on first post, if u see the name "nic" that's the owner of that share folder.

my permission inspired from this video : FreeNAS - Inheritable Permissions on a Windows Sh…: View: http://youtu.be/PhYkZlbBbwkz

I'm not sure if new user beeing added , he will see an empty folder,about if or when admin folder being " ? ".
but this happening since i begin using freenas , the version is 9.2.1.5
The screenshot that i made from freenas 9.2.1.7.

Everytime i try to share folder with the permission setting through windows prperties on security tab. I follow that video tutorial.

Regards,

L

L

My guess would be that the account name wasn't saved correctly. It would be extremely difficult to have a user account go away.

InGenetic

Contributor
My guess would be that the account name wasn't saved correctly. It would be extremely difficult to have a user account go away.

It's ok about account name,but the big problem is :

big problem is like this : beginning i add 4 user ( A, B C & D) to that folder when i first created that folder ..and everything's goes fine .. they're all have a full access permission on that folder . the problem come after a couple days , i have to add one new user called " E " to that folder,

then i add this user using security tab on properties folder is like what i did when i create that folder and add 4 user .. after i add the new user "E" .. he can accessing that folder .. BUT .. He doesn't see any file on that folder .. the fact .. there 's some folder and some files on that folder ..

User E can access but he doesn't see any file on that folder.

Regards,

L

L

Ok understood... I will hope some of the sr windows people can answer

Status
Not open for further replies.