How to check whether IBM ServeRaid m1015 is dead or just not supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon451

Cadet
I just received my IBM LSI ServeRaid M1015 controller with the intent to flash it to IT mode, as described in
http://www.servethehome.com/ibm-serveraid-m1015-part-4/

However, issuing (from a DOS USB stick), "megarec -adplist" returned no detected devices. The following message was shown: "io base address high", but I found several reports about this and people were still able to flash.

Then it occured to me that the card's BIOS never showed up during boot. Also, there seem to be one or more LEDs that should light up, which didn't happen. Finally, the heat sink remained cold to the touch.

I tried 3 different PC's, based on the following motherboards:
- Asus asusp8z77-m
- Asus M5A97
- Asus F1A75M

My initial conclusion was that the card is DOA. However, the reseller states:
"These cards are intended for and only work in IBM servers"

Could that be true, and if so, which part of the description should have triggered that fact to me? The full description is:
IBM LSI ServeRAID M1015 SAS SATA PCIe RAID Controller (FH) 46M0861 SAS9220-8i
(manufactured at february 24, 2010)

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I don't buy that... Plenty of people using them.
I just received my IBM LSI ServeRaid M1015 controller with the intent to flash it to IT mode, as described in
http://www.servethehome.com/ibm-serveraid-m1015-part-4/

However, issuing (from a DOS USB stick), "megarec -adplist" returned no detected devices. The following message was shown: "io base address high", but I found several reports about this and people were still able to flash.

Then it occured to me that the card's BIOS never showed up during boot. Also, there seem to be one or more LEDs that should light up, which didn't happen. Finally, the heat sink remained cold to the touch.

I tried 3 different PC's, based on the following motherboards:
- Asus asusp8z77-m
- Asus M5A97
- Asus F1A75M

My initial conclusion was that the card is DOA. However, the reseller states:
"These cards are intended for and only work in IBM servers"

Could that be true, and if so, which part of the description should have triggered that fact to me? The full description is:
IBM LSI ServeRAID M1015 SAS SATA PCIe RAID Controller (FH) 46M0861 SAS9220-8i
(manufactured at february 24, 2010)
You have a bad card. The reseller is a jackass. Return it.

Status
Not open for further replies.