How to change MiniDLNA defult icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

livecaller

Cadet
Alright, might sounds not very important..but its for me.

Is there anyway I can change the MiniDLNA FreeBSD default icon?
Logo path/root?
Thanks!

Untitled_1.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,449

cyberjock

Inactive Account
The logo is generated for Windows. You might be able to get away with an autorun.inf that provides an icon setting(of course, that doesn't work for minidlna afaik). But since most antivirus software blocks autoruns by default that's not likely to work. I know there are programs for editing local drive icons but they don't do network drives at all. Not that I believe that minidlna shares technically are treated as "network shares" in Windows.

livecaller

Cadet
Well, I want to change the icon from the source, I want to push a new icon cross platforms.
I'm positive the file being generated and/or located from within the MiniDLNA directory located in Jail, yet failed to locate logo. Tried to edit the ".pbi" package before installation yet failed too!

However, I would really appreciate any help, and once I get to a solution..I'll share it.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, I want to change the icon from the source, I want to push a new icon cross platforms.
I'm positive the file being generated and/or located from within the MiniDLNA directory located in Jail, yet failed to locate logo. Tried to edit the ".pbi" package before installation yet failed too!

However, I would really appreciate any help, and once I get to a solution..I'll share it.

I did look into this a little more deeply, and you might be correct. Network shares don't seem to have a way to change the icon unless you want to change the icon for ALL network shares by editing the icon that Windows uses for all network shares. But the icon for the minidlna doesn't come from the OS. So I'm sure that somewhere that icon is coming from something. But the question is whether it comes from the pbi or from the jail itself. It could be that the jail has a bunch of icons and minidlna is simply choosing to use "icon #17" or something similar. I'm not too familiar with minidlna, but it is possible that minidlna is reporting its os as "FreeBSD" and Windows is simply grabbing its FreeBSD icon from its database.

livecaller

Cadet
I did look into this a little more deeply, and you might be correct. Network shares don't seem to have a way to change the icon unless you want to change the icon for ALL network shares by editing the icon that Windows uses for all network shares. But the icon for the minidlna doesn't come from the OS. So I'm sure that somewhere that icon is coming from something. But the question is whether it comes from the pbi or from the jail itself. It could be that the jail has a bunch of icons and minidlna is simply choosing to use "icon #17" or something similar. I'm not too familiar with minidlna, but it is possible that minidlna is reporting its os as "FreeBSD" and Windows is simply grabbing its FreeBSD icon from its database.

2013_10_04_22_16_07.png

Icon being pushed by the FreeNAS box, thats for sure.. as its showing on my Android phone too. Question is, Icon located in MiniDLNA Jail/.pbi package, or as you predicted MiniDLNA just point to the logo from the FreeNAS default media DB as "icon X"!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
And you're sure that both your phone and Windows aren't using the same default icon database(that's probably free of royalties) and you're seeing the same icon only because they share the same source. Not saying that's the case, just saying its not outside the realm of possibilities.

Of course, until we have a solid finger on the source of the icon, I prefer to keep all possible options on the table.

paleoN

Wizard
I'm positive the file being generated and/or located from within the MiniDLNA directory located in Jail, yet failed to locate logo.
You will need to patch and rebuild from source. IIRC, there is a post on the minidlna SourceForge forums that talks about it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.