How to access jellyfin logs on truenas?

BigTomm

Cadet
I'm very new to this. Very very new. I built a truenas server using an old computer specifically for jellyfin. I'm accessing this server using my windows computer. Jellyfin works great on computers and my roku but it's super slow on my ios devices. I've done a lot of research and everyone says I need to look at the jellyfin logs in order to fix my problem. The command prompt on my windows seems to only grants me access to my windows computer (but that could be I just don't know how to really use it). I also can't seem to find a way in the truenas gui to access the logs. If someone could help me, I'd really appreciate it. Even if it's pointing to a youtube video or forum that is beginner friendly, I'll appreciate it. Or if you already know the answer to my slow IOS video problem and can just skip to that part, I'd appreciate it. Thank you for your patience with me.

Motherboard: 0KWVT8 Dell System Board
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 8 gb

Raidz1
DRIVES: WDC_WD101EFBX-68B0AN0, WDC_WD101KFBX-68R56N0, third one is broken and I'm waiting for the new one to replace it, Patriot_Burst_Elite_120GB for booting
TRUENAS Version: TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.2

BigTomm

Cadet
Someone on the Jellyfin forum helped me out and I was able to get it. This is what they wrote that helped me:

You can grab the same logs that you'll find in Truenas's GUI within Jellyfin.
Go to your Jellyfin dashboard, then under Advanced on the sidebar, there should be a Logs section.
Server logs start with "log" and transcode logs start with "FFmpeg.Transcode".
Just click on any of them to open them in a new tab. You can save the current log output (in the new tab) with "ctrl+s".
For your information, you can also grab the server logs from Truenas's App section. Just go to the app container and look around for the button/option to open the container's logs (this is in different locations depending on your Truenas version).
Also, if you want to access your Truenas server from your Windows computer using command prompt, you'll need to use SSH to log into the Truenas server. You'll then have to use the command line to see the Kubernetes container logs.