How long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Schultz

Dabbler
How long before 9.10.* becomes usable for me? I require full docker support. I may hate the 9.* gui with all of my being but that comes second to docker. Jails are whack.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Moved somewhere more appropriate.

Docker can be had right now in FreeNAS 9.10.2, it's just not integrated yet. 9.10.3 won't have this support because it's too late in the dev cycle to add it, but 9.10.4 should integrate Docker much like Corral does.
Docker support will not be ready for 9.10.3.
You can, however, install a Docker manager on your own (e.g. RancherOS) using the VM feature to run your dockers.

As for the GUI, 9.10.3 introduces a new GUI which you can try out.

Docker can be had right now in FreeNAS 9.10.2, it's just not integrated yet.

Could you elaborate on this? Corral was my first experience with Docker, and while I like FreeNAS for its file server functions, Corral was my pathway to deploy an all-in-one solution as opposed to ESXi + multiple VMs. If there is a way to stably implement Docker in 9.10.2/3, this would go a long way to helping me stick with the FreeNAS ecosystem while we wait for integration.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Could you elaborate on this? Corral was my first experience with Docker, and while I like FreeNAS for its file server functions, Corral was my pathway to deploy an all-in-one solution as opposed to ESXi + multiple VMs. If there is a way to stably implement Docker in 9.10.2/3, this would go a long way to helping me stick with the FreeNAS ecosystem while we wait for integration.
You can implement docker in a VM manually, with one of the apparently many Docker-oriented Linux distros.

Status
Not open for further replies.