How long did your ASROCK c2550d4i or c2750d4i last

Jimmy Dahlin

Dabbler
My C2750D4I just died, it have been running from February 2016. Just wrote to AsRock, so let's see what they answer. Was streaming a movie via Plex on friday night and on saturday morning it was dead.

I got mine replaced!

Stubb

Dabbler
Following up on my post from 17 October: FedEx delivered the replacement board on 3 November and the system was quickly back up and running. This is board #3 for me.

I've no idea how many times ASRock will replace these boards at no charge. They claim to have implemented a hardware revision that incorporates a fix provided by Intel to address their CPU bug.

dvd-boy

Dabbler
Purchased my C2750D4I on 23/11/2016, think it went in the summer, possibly June. Was travelling with work and other stuff so didn't get a chance to do anything about it. I've raised a support ticket, so I guess I'll see what happens and what my next steps would be.

Any recommendations as to what to replace it with? I'm using all 12 x SATA ports, and have 2 x 16GB sticks of memory, which I'd like to reuse in a new system, although it seems tricky to find DDR3 ECC which accepts 16GB sticks - most boards seem to max at 32GB via 4 x 8. Anyone had any experience with this:

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=EPC602D8A#Specifications

I'm thinking at present my options are:

- Asrock replace, in which case I have a working board, but for how long?
- Asrock don't replace in which case, am I forced to buy the same again, knowing it works with my config, but knowing there is a relatively widespread issue?
- Asrock don't replace so I replace with something else, and kind of hope my FreeNAS system comes back with all it's data.

saurav

Contributor
Status update: My C2750D4I died last weekend, but not of the watchdog timer issue.

My previous updates: #62, #63

colmconn

Contributor
It looks like mine has finally died. Had it from July 2015 and it's worked up until today. The BMC still works fine on it. I've contacted Asrock Rack to see whether they will replace it.

cshake

Cadet
(FreeNAS Mini v2) First board: May 2015 to April 2016 (refused to post, not sure if it was the watchdog or C2000 bug). Quick and efficient warranty replacement by iXsystems, they were great. In hindsight, the 2016 replacement was still vulnerable to the C2000 bug, though it seems nobody (except maybe Intel) knew it at the time, even though ASRock had fixed the watchdog issue. The replacement board died last week (IPMI sensors show "not available" for everything except ATX+5VSB, +3VSB, and BAT). I've got a ticket open with iXsystems to see what my options are going forward.

cods69

Explorer
They claim to have implemented a hardware revision that incorporates a fix provided by Intel to address their CPU bug.
I'd love to know what that ASRock 2750 motherboard revision number is. They would not tell me when I asked.

Last edited:

nickt

Contributor

dreamerns

Dabbler
My C2750D4I just died again :-( I don't know if the warranty is still valid, but it will be my third replacement :-( I am also starting to eye on SuperMicro in case they don't replace it. Btw is this issue solved in meantime ?

kafar

Dabbler
C2750d4i - bought March 2014 works till now but not 24 hours/day. As file server with 8 hard drives - all together round about 4600 hours.

tomracing

Cadet
Well I was hoping I wouldn't have to add to this thread but my C2750d4i, bought in 06/2016, decided to pack in a little over a week ago.
Not sure what the cause was just wouldn't come up after a reboot, no splash screen nothing. IPMI still worked but besides some general 5v and battery voltage showed no data after power on.

Luckily the correspondence with ASrock was painless and they straight out replaced the board with a new one after I sent it in. So the down time of my NAS was around a week only. So overall happy with ASrock support and hope this one will last.

slidvendetta

Cadet
My FreeNAS Mini just died. It suffered the motherboard defect and is now 6 months out of warranty. The company never informed me about this issue and refuses to authorize an out of warranty RMA. They have had my email since my purchase and I have received numerous emails about new products and features but no recall notices.

slidvendetta

Cadet
I'd love to know what that ASRock 2750 motherboard revision number is. They would not tell me when I asked.
The motherboard in question is the ASRock C2750D4I, Rev. 1.02. If you want to replace the motherboard else-ware, it is Rev. 1.03

slidvendetta

Cadet
My FreeNAS Mini just died. It suffered the motherboard defect and is now 6 months out of warranty. The company never informed me about this issue and refuses to authorize an out of warranty RMA. They have had my email since my purchase and I have received numerous emails about new products and features but no recall notices.

iXsystems has agreed to authorize an out of warranty RMA! I have to pay for shipping and I am fine with that since the cost of shipping is way less than the cost of a replacement board. Thank you iXsystems for helping me out! My family can't wait to get the FreeNas Plex back online!

Constantin

Vampire Pig
The support at iXsystems is simply awesome.

pernils

Explorer
iXsystems has agreed to authorize an out of warranty RMA! I have to pay for shipping and I am fine with that since the cost of shipping is way less than the cost of a replacement board. Thank you iXsystems for helping me out! My family can't wait to get the FreeNas Plex back online!

Could you share how you did to get this approved ?