How can I check my freenas from the cloud service?

davehetfield

Cadet
Hi all, I´m using freenas 11.1 and i have installed the Nextcloud plugin, everything is working fine with SSL and security.
So How can i have my whole LIVE freenas data on nextcloud without duplicity of the data on Jail?
And How can I check my freenas from the cloud service? Thanks for help!

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
You'll need to be more specific.. what do you want to check and from what cloud service?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
There are probably two options you have, depending on how you need permissions to work..

You can either share the required storage via SMB (or just use SSH=SFTP without needing a share at all... but SSH must be enabled) and connect external storage in the settings "External Storages" (tip: External Storage Support is an App that you may need to enable), then being able to select a number of methods to authenticate per user or for the whole Nextcloud per share.

Or, you can use nullfs mounts to the jail and enable the www user to have access to the mounted data (all users will be accessing the files as the www user, but Nextcloud can place permissions over the top that won't apply in other access methods like SMB).