Home-map

1711292631221.png

This might be a silly question but how do you set the proper home-map ?.when i am right its used for store the ssh keys ?
do I need to create an another dataset or is adding to the pool the right way to go ?
Can find anything about this subject and probably I am the only one !
Thanks in advance

chuck32

Guru
What you are showing in your screenshot is the home directory of the user. I haven't played around with that, possible related to creating a home share. It's a personal directory for the user.

.when i am right its used for store the ssh keys ?
Typically under /root/.ssh

do I need to create an another dataset or is adding to the pool the right way to go ?
I'm not sure whether you actually need this or just feel you should need to set it up because it says /nonexistent. If you don't need a home share, leaving it as it is is okay.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Well, for the root user. More generally, it's in $HOME/.ssh, which means that you need an existent home directory in order for a user to use SSH public key authentication. That directory doesn't need to be shared (though it can be), but it does need to exist.

chuck32

Guru
Well, for the root user. More generally, it's in $HOME/.ssh, which means that you need an existent home directory in order for a user to use SSH public key authentication.
Thanks, learned something new! I'll have to admit I only setup SSH Key authentication for root / admin. Haven't payed attention if admin has its own home directory though.

What you are showing in your screenshot is the home directory of the user. I haven't played around with that, possible related to creating a home share. It's a personal directory for the user.

I'm not sure whether you actually need this or just feel you should need to set it up because it says /nonexistent. If you don't need a home share, leaving it as it is is okay.

Thanks Chuck32 for your answer !

Thanks, learned something new! I'll have to admit I only setup SSH Key authentication for root / admin. Haven't payed attention if admin has its own home directory though.
Well, for the root user. More generally, it's in $HOME/.ssh, which means that you need an existent home directory in order for a user to use SSH public key authentication. That directory doesn't need to be shared (though it can be), but it does need to exist.
Thanks danb35 for your usefulla anwer