Hide Folders in Anonymous Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgk

Dabbler
I am running FreeNAS 8.0 i386 RELEASE and I have managed to configure the system just fine to run in a Anonymous environment and created a CIFS share.I also activated the AFP service and my old (lampateur) PPC iMac can see the CIFS share and the files on it. I created several folders on the volume from my Linux machine using Nauilus (Samba Client) and put some files in there for testing. I can see the folders and the files from both the Linux Machine (using Nautilus and choosing Network Places) and from iMAC.
My problem is that I don't know how to make some folders invisible. I want to hide them from other users except the administrator or some user with logon.
Anybody knows anything about it?

sgk

Dabbler
Does it mean that there is a smb.conf file in the FreeNAS installation, that I can modify and set veto_files parameter to point to my exclusion folders?
OK, I just thought about it. Maybe I could insert the veto_files parameters at the CIFS configuration "Auxiliary Parameters" section. I''ll check it out and report back.

sgk

Dabbler
Okey-doke, I used the Auxiliary Parameters for setting veto files and it worked fine. Now you cannot see the vetoed folder from a Windows Machine (after restarting the CIFS service.

Status
Not open for further replies.