Help with ssh

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel perez

Dabbler
ive gotten all of my ssh keys and ive input them on the ssh key for each profile but i dont seem to be able to get ssh to work

VladTepes

Patron
All your ssh keys? How many do you need?

Are you using putty as the SSH client?

VladTepes

Patron

danb35

Hall of Famer
The latest version of FreeNAS is 9.10.1, and that guide will work with it. If you're still having difficulties after trying what's suggested there, post back here, but give quite a bit more detail about exactly what you're doing, and what's happening. "It doesn't work" just doesn't give us anything to work with.

VladTepes

Patron
In other words just saying "It doesn't work".. doesn't work. :D

miguel perez

Dabbler
The latest version of FreeNAS is 9.10.1, and that guide will work with it. If you're still having difficulties after trying what's suggested there, post back here, but give quite a bit more detail about exactly what you're doing, and what's happening. "It doesn't work" just doesn't give us anything to work with.
lol ik what you mean my bad well i followed the and for some reason im still not able to authenticate while using WinSCP i keep getting an error that says that no authentication options available but then in parenthesis it says that the server send public key

DaveY

Contributor
Double check you don't have spaces that sneaked into your copy and paste. I've had that happen and it didn't recognize my public key. Never used winscp before, but make sure your private key is loaded and accessible by winscp

miguel perez

Dabbler
Double check you don't have spaces that sneaked into your copy and paste. I've had that happen and it didn't recognize my public key. Never used winscp before, but make sure your private key is loaded and accessible by winscp
wait you just lost me... i thought i only had to use the public key not the private...... but ill try that thanks

DaveY

Contributor
wait you just lost me... i thought i only had to use the public key not the private...... but ill try that thanks
Public key on the server (e.g. FreeNAS)
Private key needs to be available on the client (e.g. your winscp client)

Status
Not open for further replies.