Help reconnecting to SMB shares after loss of pool that contains my users' home directories

grl570810

Cadet
Hello all looking for a bit of advice and guidance. I'm running TrueNAS core 13.0-U3.1 on a generic system. It's been running beautifully for about 18 months, providing SMB shares for my Windows PCs and a Plex Media Server running in a jail.
All of a sudden I have lost access to the shares; whenever I try to connect it rejects with a 'password not correct' error (which isn't true, I do know my passwords!). Looking at the console I see that a pool has gone offline:
1672453240648.png

as the name implies, that was the pool I was using to house the users' home directories...
1672453330285.png

It seems obvious to me to be the cause of the issue. I have googled in this forum regarding the missing pool and have concluded it's lost for good without a backup. Bummer, I did a dumb thing and please don't hate on me. I won't set things up the same way again.

Accepting it's gone I am looking for advise as to how to recover the situation. The shares are all still there and the pool holding the data is fine, so I just need to re-establish access via SMB.
1672453640275.png

When I look at the pools I see this...
1672453691273.png

The only option on the dead pool (pun not intended) is the export / disconnect which pops up this window...
1672453768026.png

which implies that it will transfer the system dataset onto another pool (possibly my datadrive pool?). Is my recovery as simple as this, just confirm the export / disconnect and all will be magically well again? I have my doubts! Not wanting to make things worse please can someone confirm that the action is safe to proceed with? If I do so do you think it will restore the access, if not what else should I do to recover.

Thanks in Advance for all suggestions.
Graham

grl570810

Cadet
<sarcasm>Thanks for all the responses.</sarcasm>
For anyone else who has a similar query, I can advise that I did the Export/Disconnect as per my question, and everything, rather to my surprise, burst back onto life.