Help! I can't shutdown/reboot cleanly

Status
Not open for further replies.

overkill

Dabbler
I've just gotten the NAS up yesterday, put about 20GB of data onto it today, installed crashplan plugin but didn't configure it yet, and now the NAS isn't shutting down cleanly. It gets stuck at Writing entropy, then 90 seconds time out, terminate shutdown process, switch to single user, ended crashplan process, and then I can't do anything to it but sit and stare. It doesn't take input from a local keyboard, the web GUI is no good, doesn't respond on the network so I doubt telnet or ssh works after that. All I can do is pull the power. Had to do it twice now.

What's happening? What logs I need to collect to investigate?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
My car won't start.

--------------------------

Really useful for diagnosing what's wrong with my car, right? No model, very little information to go on.

Give the forum rules a read. They include a long list of things you should include when creating a thread.

overkill

Dabbler
I apologize. I was freaking out and wasn't being thorough. I'm new to both freenas and freebsd. I was asking if there's logs somewhere that I can pull to investigate or perhaps some last ditch effort thing I can do after the shutdown terminates and it goes into single user mode so I don't have to pull power on it because we all know what that does to the data.
Anyways, I think I found the problem, one of my 3TB drive is likely DOA, it's the only drive with activity light on when transfer hangs and during shutdown. Taking it out and the array works great now. Sending it in for warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.