Help for a first time DIY build

I'm really interested in having a home server for a multiple of reasons. I want to replace my google photo's from the cloud and general storage, Plex Server, Home assistant (not heavily used). I'm also want to learn VM's/Containers with this server.

I'm building from components I can get for free from work or have laying around.

This is the build I have come up with:
Intel Xeon E3-1225V5 (used one)
Fujitsu D3644-B
Bit Phenix Phenom micro atx (owned)
1x 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P (owned)
HP Xw4400 CPU Heatsink and Fan Assembly 432923-001
or intel d60188-001 Depending on which is more compatible (owned both)
Seagate IronWolf 2TB 5x
Corsair cx550 (owned)

Is this a build that is fully compatible with each other and is there room for improvement? I'm struggling the most with the CPU and Motherboard. When buying the components I don't have, I would need to pay around 600 euros. If I would need to buy a heatsink fan assembly that would increase ofcourse.

Dice

Wizard
hello,

You are well out on the "wild side" with trying to mash these components together - it might work - but it is also far off any beaten path.

I'd have a look at the supermicro X11-SSL or -SSH for motherboard. They are well validated and super useful.
The RAM would probably not work, unless it is ECC UDIMM (unbufferred).

CPU, PSU, case and drives looks good to me.

hello,

You are well out on the "wild side" with trying to mash these components together - it might work - but it is also far off any beaten path.

I'd have a look at the supermicro X11-SSL or -SSH for motherboard. They are well validated and super useful.
The RAM would probably not work, unless it is ECC UDIMM (unbufferred).

CPU, PSU, case and drives looks good to me.
Thanks for the headsup and sorry for reaction so late.

I'll look for a supermicro board. The RAM doesn't work for the fujitsu board or not for the Supermicro board. It's registered ram. As far as I saw the fujitsu board runs an intel C246. I don't see a lot of differences between the two chipsets.

Since it's my first build I agree with you for not going a very odd build. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the headsup and sorry for reaction so late.

I'll look for a supermicro board. The RAM doesn't work for the fujitsu board or not for the Supermicro board. It's registered ram. As far as I saw the fujitsu board runs an intel C246. I don't see a lot of differences between the two chipsets.

Since it's my first build I agree with you for not going a very odd build. Thanks for the feedback!
You are right and it seems to not support registered RAM.