SOLVED HELP! After NAS Reboot, Jail's SQL Database no longer works

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathank1989

Contributor
PowerCycled the NAS and when I tried to access a database on one of my jails I get this:
Code:
2016-09-22  4:52:36 34426890240 [Warning] InnoDB: Cannot open table nextcloud/oc_flow_operations from the internal data dictionary of InnoDB though the .frm file for the table exists. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/innodb-troubleshooting.html for how you can resolve the problem.

Of course the link is no good and haven't found much through google. I found one guide talking about moving databases, but I never did any of that.

Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?

Initially after reboot my whole database wouldn't work, my sql root password was gone, password to an sql user was gone, sql user was removed from the database completely.
After I restored the user and passwords, thats when I get the above error.
What the heck happened??

MariaDB 10.1

Last edited:

nathank1989

Contributor
So I have done a couple tests and it seems everytime I reboot the jail, MariaDB loses it's settings. The ROOT no longer has a password and the database becomes useless.

nathank1989

Contributor
Yes... it was a problem with my permissions.
I had the sap database on a separate dataset and mountpoint for the jail. My permissions in the jail did not line up with permissions on the dataset.
Luckily I was able to recover everything just by adding a user to FreeNAS that matched a user in the Jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.