Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

GUIDE: Setting up Transmission with OpenVPN and PIA

Western Digital Drives - The Preferred Drives of FreeNAS and TrueNAS CORE

fireball_ch

Hi

Dak180 Thank you very much for your script

I have 2 questions :

I become this as output :

Code:
| Transmission Port Forward 2020-11-21 23:09:59
| VPN connection up.
Connection to google.com 80 port [tcp/http] succeeded!
| Closed port detected.
| Loading port forward assignment information..
| New port: 44214
| Cannot set the port.
root@Transmission:/ # localhost:9091/transmission/rpc/ responded: "success"

Cannot set the port ? Is that a normal behavior ?

And at the end the port in transmission is well chnage by the script but still as " closed " You know why ?

MadMungo

You may want to checkout my script for PIA's 4 gen servers.
Hi dak180

Any idea if this can adapted for use with deluge?
I have had a crack but know nothing of writing scripts or there syntax so when I hit an error or the script fails silently I cannot fix it.

What I did was set the variables for deluge etc then replaced all of the transmission-remote commands with the following deluge console
command.
line 88 json="$(deluge-console -d 192.168.0.69 -U user -P pass config listen_ports 2>&1)" in place of json="$(transmission-remote -pt 2>&1)"
Line199 if ! deluge-console -d x.x.x.x -U user -P pass "config --set listen_ports (${PORTNUM} ${PORTNUM})" &> /dev/null; then in place of if ! transmission-remote -p "${PORTNUM}" &> /dev/null; then

I think the error is being caused by the line 88 entry which outputs Listen_Ports (xxxx, xxxx).

Any idea how to fix it, would be greatly appreciated.

dak180

I think the error is being caused by the line 88 entry which outputs Listen_Ports (xxxx, xxxx).
I would say you are right since transmission-remote -pt outputs either Port is open: Yes or Port is open: No which is what the following code is looking for.

As I do not use and am not familiar with deluge and it's command line interface I cannot tell you what the correct command would be.