Greetings my friends, some questions

MentalMinion

Dabbler
Please be kind, as i have brain damage. I've wanted to build a home server for a long time. And after 5 hours of trying to wrap my head around openmediavault (which was recommended to me) i give up and moved to what seems to be the most spoken about NAS. TrueNAS Core. i have it up and running & windows can see my drive.

My needs are simple. just the ability to move files from PC-NAS & back. However this brings me to my next point. a lot of what i will be storing on the NAS is torrents. i have qbittorrent on my PC, is there anything specific i need to do on TNC?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Welcome!

So long as you've mapped a drive, and your torrent client can save to mapped drives, you should be good.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You can do so from the local console (keyboard and video - or equivalent via IPMI or some other technology). There should be a menu where one of the options is the password reset for the root user.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
I cant remember my login info the TNC user UI. what do i do?
If you mean the web UI, you can reset the root password from the console menu. Connect a monitor and keyboard (if you were running headless), and select option 7 from the console menu.

1658830765265.png

sretalla