Problems getting PLEX to detect the media in my folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

menglor

Dabbler
Hello!

I am fairly new to FreeNas, I think I know enough to be dangerous, and I have decided to install PLEX. II think everything is working, but its not detecting the movies I have in the folder.

I HOPE to be able to setup multople pools for PLEX to pull movies from , but I figure I should start with one first.

I am not sure what information is needed, so I am going to brain dump everything I have done and hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction:

Free Nas ver: FreeNAS-11.1-U5
Plex: Version 3.39.5

I have watched so many video's my head is swimming. I think I have it set up right but I would love someone to take a second look.

attached are all the screen shoots that are relevanr.

please someone help me figure out what I missed. please and thanks.

Attachments

• HELP.jpg
    HELP.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 278
  • HELP.jpg
    HELP.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 266
  • HJELP2.jpg
    HJELP2.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 279

menglor

Dabbler
after reading a few more threads, I have come to the conclusion I should be able to see my mounts in /media?

but obviously, its not mounting. so maybe I am doing something wrong?

Attachments

• share.jpg
    share.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 251

garm

Wizard
The storage tab shows the source (your FreeNAS machine) and the destination (your jail). A jail has its own root tree.. you need to do ls from the jail to see your files in the destination. Did you read the manual? If you have questions on the manual content please quote the text you don’t understand.

menglor

Dabbler
thank you very much, I havent had a chance to work through the problem yet. I am about to do so, but I better understand the possibilities of my problem.

No, I havent read the manual, while I would love to consume the manual and understand everything, its a sizeable step for me to do. I know I should. but its too much like reading a Car Service manual to learn how to program the clock in a Car.

that said, your comments pointed me to something to look up (Jails) and to better understand them I found this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh2f1FdWWS4&t=181s

Sure I could have read the whole manual, but I would have been napping multiple times over.

I better understand what your talking about, now I am going to go try it again and hope I can get it working.

Thanks a bunch , I will report back once i know more.

menglor

Dabbler
I would like to offer this piece of advise to anyone who finds this thread after I post it, and would like to better understand what happened.

first of all, there are 2 SHELL menu's, there is the one in the main UI, and then there is a Shell when you select the JAIL. as Garm pointed out. the Jail runs in its own baseline. so start from there.

also, remember that when you create a "storage entity" the first point is "where the hard drive" is. and the second, is where the mapping to the JAIL.

so, I had :

/mnt/volume1/HD1/TV which I mounted to /media/TV
and
/mnt/volume2/HD2/movie which I mounted to /media/Movie

When when I used PLEX, I just needed to map too "/media/Movie" or "/media/TV" to be able to browse through multiple hard drives. as well, there is now browse functionality. but you can use your Windows PC to figure out the destination you want to make too.

Status
Not open for further replies.