Good morning FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevern

Cadet
So I joined the forums because everything used to work great on 9... 3-10...

My hardware is a custom built box with an Intel Server board S1200V3RP, Xeon 1245, 32 GB Crucial ECC DDR3-1600, 9211-8i controller, 6x WD Red 4.0TB, 2x WD Gold 4.0TB, an Intel Dual NIC card, and Chelsio 320-SR card.

While it ran before beautifully with 110MB transfer speeds on six WD Red, i did a little upgrade and added the two additional networking cards (2x RJ45, 1x Chelsio) and updated the firmware to P20 so the little yellow warning would go off... and then upgraded to Corral. To no avail. I have a dead box.

I believe in this product though; 9.10 was storing my movies, music, and pictures; and streaming with Plex beautifully so I know it works. I'll work with the great people here and get it back up.

gpsguy

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with Corral. I see you've posted a message with your problem, hopefully you'll get a response in that thread.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
So I joined the forums because everything used to work great on 9... 3-10...

My hardware is a custom built box with an Intel Server board S1200V3RP, Xeon 1245, 32 GB Crucial ECC DDR3-1600, 9211-8i controller, 6x WD Red 4.0TB, 2x WD Gold 4.0TB, an Intel Dual NIC card, and Chelsio 320-SR card.

While it ran before beautifully with 110MB transfer speeds on six WD Red, i did a little upgrade and added the two additional networking cards (2x RJ45, 1x Chelsio) and updated the firmware to P20 so the little yellow warning would go off... and then upgraded to Corral. To no avail. I have a dead box.

I believe in this product though; 9.10 was storing my movies, music, and pictures; and streaming with Plex beautifully so I know it works. I'll work with the great people here and get it back up.
Yikes! :(

Your best bet is to go back to FreeNAS 9.10... Do you have a copy of your configuration file? It won't be the End Of The World if you don't; but it will sure simplify things if you do. And hopefully nothing bad has happened to your pool... And hopefully you have a good backup...

Basically, re-install FreeNAS 9.10 on your boot media and restore your configuration from your backup copy. Most likely, FreeNAS will detect and import your pool. If it doesn't, just go to Storage->Import Volume to import it.

If you don't have a copy of your configuration... you'll have to reconfigure everything. A nuisance? Yes. But the important thing is not losing your data. Everything else is just grunt work.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.