FYI only-SOLVED!!!

husky1055

Dabbler
Posted this in the General section. It should have been reported in this forum.

I was running version 13.0-U1.1 with plex. Everything was working. So this morning I saw a new upgrade for my truenas and installed 13.0-U2. Then suddenly I cannot access my Media folder. So I checked my group and users permissions/passwords etc... I have been at this for 5 hours and I even restored the config file from 13.-U1.1 and nothing. Read all the other people posts about loosing access and could not find any answer to my own problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: Truenas 13.0-U2 did something to my 13.0-U1.1 system as I mentioned above. It was supposed to be just an easy update as I have done so many times before over many years using Truenas. But after the update suddenly can no longer access my samba folder and plexmediaserver. So after several days and countless hours I reverted back to 13.0-U1.1 and after so many groups and users, passwords and jails installs and reinstalls my system is recovered. Frankly I don't exactly know what happened. My faint recollection was I stripped all the ACLs for my pool, using windows and samba to sign in and somehow or other it works. Hope I was only one of the fews who had this problem.

WDNAS37

Cadet
I went through the exact same you did. That update affected all my Jails, including, but not limited to Plex.
I tried reinstalling them, messing with network config, and finally I had to revert. I wasted 12 hours of my life trying to revert, and I do not dare upgrade again.

husky1055

Dabbler
Consider yourself lucky. I still cannot believe I spent that much time on this. Installed and reinstalled 13.0-U2 several times, then 13.0-U1.1 several times and hundreds of PW, users, groups, jails and permissions. This upgrade is supposed to be so much belter and more secure.