Upgrade to Truenas 13.0-U1.1 breaks SMB, and SSL on Windows, slows NFS on Linux

gameoffuture

Cadet
I just updated from 13.0-RELEASE to 13.0-U1.1 and it is completely broken:
1. The system produces fatal SSL handshake errors through curl, firefox, and chrome from every Windows client, so unable to even display the WebUI at all. Firefox shows a blank page (not even white), and chromium shows SSL_handshake errors.
2. Access to SMB from all windows clients is broken. It displays the shared directories, but clicking on any of them will cause explorer to go into an endless load and eventually timeout.
3. NFS share with two Linux servers becomes available, but it is very bad performing (copying a 10GB VM disk could only proceed at around 60MB/s where it usually goes over 100~150, limited by gigabit ethernet interface.

Interesting to note is that all Linux desktop clients can display the WebUI in Firefox and chromium AND they can access all the SMB shares. Linux Desktops are not affected by the SMB issues, but Windows 10 clients are. I managed to set the boot to 13.0-Release from my Linux desktop and after booting into 13.0 everything is back to normal, so I can confirm this is definitely a problem with the 13.0-U1.1 update.

I have also installed today's Microsoft Patch Tuesday updates on two of my Windows 10 clients and I can confirm that today's updates did not make any difference (had to check, because Microsoft has a history of messing things up, but today's patches do not seem to be causing the issue).

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Sounds like a bad upgrade. Go to System->Boot, and reactivate your 13.0-RELEASE environment, and reboot. You should be back in 13.0-RELEASE. The go to System->Boot and delete the faulty 13.0-U1.1 environment. You can then try upgrading again.

gameoffuture

Cadet
Did not dig into the logs, because had to bring the system back up ASAP.
As I mentioned before, I did manage to bring up the WebUI from a Linux desktop (all windows browsers would fail to load due to SSL error) and restore it to 13.0-RELEASE. I have also deleted the 13.0-U1.1. I will probably wait for a bit till I can afford to have extended downtime to try this again.