Upgrade 13.0->13.0-U1.1 = No web interface->then died

nicolasvi

Dabbler
Hello everyone, i ´ve been having a great experience with truenas for the last few years. But now i have an issue i cant solve

Monday night i upgraded remotely from 13.0 to 13.0-U1.1, but never come back online after reboot.
Then i restarted it locally, but still couldnt access web UI, local IP was showing in console menu.
I tried using a previous version during boot with option 7. I think i tried with 12.8 but I got an error during boot.

After that, i couldnt boot with any version. Im getting this error now booting with 13.0.U1.1 or 13.0

signal-2022-08-17-105523.jpeg

I tried to boot without any disk atached. Boot process completes.
13.0.U1.1 still not accesable WebUI
13.0 accesible WebUI with mail pool OFFLINE

i have no idea what to try, any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Nicolas!

nicolasvi

Dabbler
  • How exactly did you try to upgrade?
  • Is your system dataset on the array?
  • Did you export the array before upgrading?
Upgrade guidelines
- I upgraded using the Web UI as usual, "apply pending updates"
- I have a single drive for the system, it boots ok with the 3 pool drives unplugged.
- No, i didnt export the array before upgrading

Ive been thinking the steps i made the whole day.

I belive that after the upgrade, the only thing not working was the webUI and replication from other server. The system worked, it reached the options list and the IP (via DHCP) was displayed in the screen. No issue importing the pool during boot.

The main issue started when i tried to boot form a previous image in the boot drive. When i used the 12.0U8 option

After that, i got this error every time it boots, during the "Importing pool" phase. It dies there, i dont get the option to write commands either.

Thanks!!

nicolasvi

Dabbler
Can you dig up any logs from the upgrade?
Well, it seems that my system dataset is in the not working pool, so i think i cant get the logs.

I tried with a truenas core fresh install, and tried to import the pool.
The pool was listed OK, but after 48hs importing pool didnt finish

Captura de pantalla (525).png

after a reboot, the system hangs during boot like the previous install with the INVALID VDEV error

i should be able to get some logs from this new install, and the import process, but i cant find them in the webUI

homer27081990

Patron
I think someone with much greater knowledge than mine is required at this point... Just a last pointer, did you change your boot drive? Is it internal? If not, can you connect it internally in case it is a peripheral problem? (USB cables/adapters) Could it be a problem with your controller? Can you put the drives in another controller and give it a try?

homer27081990

Patron
I think someone with much greater knowledge than mine is required at this point... Just a last pointer, did you change your boot drive? Is it internal? If not, can you connect it internally in case it is a peripheral problem? (USB cables/adapters) Could it be a problem with your controller? Can you put the drives in another controller and give it a try?
If you do try another controller, special attention to put it in IT (or HBA, or passthrough) mode first.

nicolasvi

Dabbler
The fresh install where i tried to import the pool is in a new drive, SATA HDD

I could try to import the pool in a new pc also, let me do that

nicolasvi

Dabbler
I tried to import the pool in a new pc, with new cables but i get stuck with the same "Importing Pool"

This are the last lines in Shell more /var/log/messages. , just looks like the last part of the boot process
No Pool Import error

Captura de pantalla (526).png