SOLVED Frustration with mountroot

Recently, I was dealing with print server on my TrueNAS system and all that good stuff, but somehow my server just stopped responding. So I decided to force restart, then it gave me the message of "Root mount waiting for: usbus3". Then, after a while, I decided to plug in the USB, and now it gives me the error of "Root mount waiting for: CAM"... (Oh great, now it shows "Root mount waiting for usbus1 usbus3 CAM"...)

I have absolutely no idea what I could and should do since I am a newbie to FreeBSD, and after several searches on Google had not helped me. Is there anyway that I could bypass the usbus thing since I would never use it? (except for printer), I've heard you could disable it in a configuration file but I have no idea where and how to edit it. (like in mountroot i have no idea what command to input)

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Did you install to a thumb drive? The error means the boot process couldn't finish loading the root file system off the boot drive on usbus3. The CAM error means the media layer stopped responding (because you pulled it). In all likelihood, your boot thumb drive is toast, and you'll need to reinstall to a new thumb drive.

Did you install to a thumb drive? The error means the boot process couldn't finish loading the root file system off the boot drive on usbus3. The CAM error means the media layer stopped responding (because you pulled it). In all likelihood, your boot thumb drive is toast, and you'll need to reinstall to a new thumb drive.
Nope. I installed the system on a Samsung 256GB SSD, and it is the only bootable on all the drives. I've heard that USB aren't stable in FreeNAS and I should use a SSD for that and I did. The USB drive does not have any data on though...

Samuel Tai

Try booting without the USB drive inserted.

Try booting without the USB drive inserted.
I did. But it showed the same error again, Mount root waiting for usbus3 again.
It was working just fine yesterday with the same settings tho :(

Samuel Tai

It sounds like your boot pool has gone south, and the kernel loaded so far is trying all the other USB busses, as well as your AHCI channels to try to locate the errant root mount point. You may need to reinstall your boot drive.

It sounds like your boot pool has gone south, and the kernel loaded so far is trying all the other USB busses, as well as your AHCI channels to try to locate the errant root mount point. You may need to reinstall your boot drive.
Yup, I put a flash drive with the newest TrueNAS and selected the upgrade option, which made my system back online. Thanks for the help