fresh install of plex through pkg; catalog error, old templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nojohnny101

Wizard
Long story short, I have recently paid for the plexpass upgrade and so I wanted to move my plex media server version to the plexpass "train" so I backed up all my data and went to install the plex jail fresh following these instructions:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...all-plex-in-a-freenas-9-3-jail-updated.19412/ (of course modifying it to fetch the plexpass version of the pkg install).

However I am running into this error when I got to install:
"pkg: Unable to find catalogs"

So I checked the virtual box template in the FreeNAS GUI and it says that it fetching virtual box 4.3.12 from freenas 9.2/x64?

Why is that so out of date. I'm running latest stable (hardware listed below). How do I get the new jail templates? I'm assuming that will fix my catalog error when trying to install plex.

Thanks for the help.

nojohnny101

Wizard
UPDATE:
I figured out after more googling that I had to create a "standard jail" in order to be able to install plex through package. I think it is very misleading UI design to make a "---" option actually equate to something.

Anyways, I installed everything and it works. I'll have to continue to read up on how jails are going to function when FreeNAS 10 rolls around.

Status
Not open for further replies.