FreeNAS SMBD - Can't Set up Authenticated Shares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbot Yuri

Dabbler
Alright. I've been at this for half the night, tried clicking different things, I finally got to where I was ready to start randomly clicking to try and make this work. According to your guide, I click on Sharing, Windows (SMB), then create share and I am suppose to get a window where I create the share. But then the guide talks about a wizard that I cannot find anywhere on the interface to manage a share where you can set read and write access. As it stands, I'm trying to upload movies to the Emby plugin right now and I can't because I can't create any folders in my library. :(

Please help and please don't make me feel too dumb. ;)

Abbot Yuri

Dabbler
Alright. I don't get it. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but have no clue what I am doing wrong. I created the dataset and put it in my user and user group and gave it permissions to let me write to it and made the SMB share, I don't have a CIFS service, and still it doesn't let me create anything on the share. Even when I mount the share. Actually, I'm trying to re-map the share to This Computer and it's telling me that it is already mapped, even though I disconnected the prior mapping. How do I disconnect a SMB user from the FreeNAS side of things?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

Abbot Yuri

Dabbler
Alright. Not positive how I did it yet, but I finally got it working. Now I can transfer all my videos to the server and set them up in Emby. YAY! Thanks, guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.