Freenas Kernel Panic

hax4dayz

Cadet
Ok so two day ago my power got cut from my house. I managed to restore the power but then realized my nas was probably turned off. When I tried turning it back on again it made some beeping noises so I cracked open the case to see what was wrong reseated the cpu and ram and that did the trick. Only I wanted to make sure that it was booting up correctly. I plugged in a monitor and a keyboard, did the normal boot sequence aand this happened:
2019-06-23 23.19.16.jpg

Here are the specs of the machine:
  • CPU: AMD Athlon 64
  • Motherboard: MS-7184
  • RAM: 2x hynix 512mb 1x Kingston 512mb 1x Star ram 512 all DDR
  • PSU: Bestec ATX-300-12Z REV 8C
  • GPU: none
I can't give any system logs because I have none. I may be able to do a full reset(?). I will lose all of my data but I can probably be ok with that.

D

dlavigne

It's possible the boot device died. Try installing the same version to a different USB stick and see if that boots. If it does, you can restore your config.

So I got something similar when installing a fresh installation of the newest version of Free NAS. Install completed perfectly but when I rebooted and the OS starts up I get this error. Not the same error but thought it was worth a mention. I know the hardware is good because I had Free as on this machine before. I'm going to try a older version.

IMG_20190711_214938.jpg
IMG_20190711_214938.jpg

So I tried the other version got the same error message.
But I found my old flash drive with FreeNAS 9.10.1-U2 on it and it booted up right away. I found it under my keyboard! XD
So it's safe to say I'm not upgrading to the newer version any time soon.
It defiantly seems to be a issue with the new version. If someone is better with bug reporting want's info just let me know.

1563398064897.png

Ok so two day ago my power got cut from my house. I managed to restore the power but then realized my nas was probably turned off. When I tried turning it back on again it made some beeping noises so I cracked open the case to see what was wrong reseated the cpu and ram and that did the trick. Only I wanted to make sure that it was booting up correctly. I plugged in a monitor and a keyboard, did the normal boot sequence aand this happened: View attachment 31504

Here are the specs of the machine:
  • CPU: AMD Athlon 64
  • Motherboard: MS-7184
  • RAM: 2x hynix 512mb 1x Kingston 512mb 1x Star ram 512 all DDR
  • PSU: Bestec ATX-300-12Z REV 8C
  • GPU: none
I can't give any system logs because I have none. I may be able to do a full reset(?). I will lose all of my data but I can probably be ok with that.

So any news on what you decided to do?

hax4dayz

Cadet
So any news on what you decided to do?
Hey yeah sorry i've been busy but i think I might just reinstall FreeNAS seeing as there are no important files on there. The only thing will be is that i have to set everything back up again and that will probberly be a pain in my ass.

Glorious1

Guru
The only thing will be is that i have to set everything back up again and that will probberly be a pain in my ass.
That's what saving the configuration is for.

kumarmvnk

Explorer
which file is the Kernel file in Freenas where can i find it ?