FreeNAS Ghost USB - please help me remove it.

dillydallyo

Cadet
Hello everyone.

First post. Posting in off topic as this is a question about FreeNAS and not TrueNAS. I'll try to keep this short and simple.

I boot my system from USBs. I have a mirror set up with 2 USBs. Under 'Storage>View disks' I see 3 USB drives.
1705101175595.png

da2 was likely from an older USB drive that was removed when I had to rebuild the OS mirror (a long time ago). da2 is not physically connected and not in the boot mirror.

Here is me digging around the system for some info about da2.

camcontrol devlist results:
Code:

<Lexar USB Flash Drive 1100>       at scbus4 target 0 lun 0 (pass3,da0)         
<Lexar USB Flash Drive 1100>       at scbus5 target 0 lun 0 (pass4,da1)         
<Generic- Multi-Card 1.00>         at scbus6 target 0 lun 0 (pass5,da2) 

dmesg | grep 'da2' | less results:
Code:

da2 at umass-sim2 bus 2 scbus6 target 0 lun 0                                                                                      
da2: <Generic- Multi-Card 1.00> Removable Direct Access SCSI device                                                                
da2: Serial Number 20071114173400000                                                                                                
da2: 40.000MB/s transfers                                                                                                          
da2: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Medium not present                                                            
da2: quirks=0x2<NO_6_BYTE>

there is a da2 under /dev but umount will not remove it.

umount /dev/da2
Code:

umount: /dev/da2: unknown file system

I was able to use rm /dev/da2 but it appeared again after a reboot.

This isn't critical and doesn't affect the operation of the system. Its just an annoyance. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Looks like da2 is a card reader. Is that possible? If yes, Unplug your USB devices one at a time to see if the device goes away.