SOLVED FreeNAS file sharing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynand

Cadet
I am new to FreeNAS and just build my first NAS so take it easy. thanks

(Problem)

I have Freenas 11.2 instaled and all seems to be working well except I can't seem to see my zvol that I created on my NAS. I have two and they are both not showing up. I can, however, can access the server and see a shared file on the windows PC that is under the FreeNAS machine but it is not the volumes that I created it looks like a fathom file. SMB is working because I have access to the server and can see a file just not the volume I created. don't know why my volumes are not showing. all the volumes and shares and services are running and I can ping all that is necessary.

So, in short, I se a share just not my shares that I created.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Sounds like an odd situation to want a zvol. Out of curiosity, can you say what you're doing with a zvol in this case?

wynand

Cadet
I wanted to limit the space that the dataset could use out of the raidz2 Config. but if you checked the home directory in the shears section and then it shows a home share and not the shares you created

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Every dataset has a whole host of quotas, limiting their maximum size, or even reserving specific sizes, for them. There is no need to bring a "zvol" into the mix, which is primarily only a vehicle for iSCSI.

wynand

Cadet
Yes I see now I am sorry like I said I am new to FreeNAS so take it easy.

but yes there is no need for a zvol.

Status
Not open for further replies.