FreeNAS EXTREMELY slow transfer

Snake3y3s

Explorer
Hi all

So I went out to get a 8TB Seagate backup drive as a cold storage and I'm trying to copy files from my NAS to it now and I'm getting a horrible transfer speed (average 900 kbytes/s)

I probably also have it connected in the most inefficient way, but transfer speeds should not be that low at all, even going from the NAS to my PC.
I have the backup drive plugged into my windows machine, so I am transferring from NAS across the network to my machine to USB backup drive.

I have been having issues with the NAS with speed in general ( check this thread https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/freenas-discord.89874/) so that might be the main culprit of the slow transfer, and general sluggishness of the NAS, but i need to get the data backed up before I attempt anything further on the NAS.
I am planning on replacing the Red Drive (ada3) as soon as I have cash again, but thought a cold storage would be better at this moment.

Can anyone give me advice on what to do to try speed this process up?

sretalla