FreeNAS errors on server screen and random freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Same answer here, need much more RAM for good iSCSI results.

ricardonadao

Cadet
It was working fine for almost an year before the upgrade to 9.10.2U1.

Additionally removed all the "autotune" settings and disabled the autotune, and it stopped freezing from the time being.

This is a HomeLab, not sure if it really need more than 8GB, has been working like this for more than an year.

Also had used in the past with 4GB and had enough juice for iSCSI and NFS to a Home lab.

The change in reported ARC hit ratio is not relevant. The hit ratio reported with previous versions was artificially too high, as a FreeNAS bug caused one or more files to be hit very frequently, which drove up the calculated hit ratio. This bug was fixed in 9.10.2, so the reported ARC hit ratio is more accurate. The actual hit ratio of files accessed by users is likely unchanged.

ricardonadao

Cadet
Thank you Kevin, I read some about it also but happy that you gave a bit more info on it.

As I mentioned since I removed the autotune and their sysctl variables in plavd, the system become way more stable.

I can do svmotions with no apparent problem.

Just running an extra scrub on the pools to make sure that it can handle some load and also validate that nothing got damaged during the last crash this morning.

Will double check which variables the autotune was adding to compare to the defaults, to see if there is any smoking gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.