Freenas dropped from the network

lyle

Contributor
Hi, there. Not sure what happened, but my Freenas is no longer on the network. The webgui is inaccessible and it's not appearing on my router. Tried rebooting a few times, no joy. I tried changing the static IP on em0 and em1 interfaces, no joy.

On the console, it says "The web interface is at: http://192.168.1.175", but this is a lie.

No idea how to troubleshoot this. Been using Freenas for years and never encountered this problem.

Redcoat

MVP
A few thoughts:

Take a look at Network Settings in IPMI - see what they tell you about the NIC address(es) as a cross check to the console info.

Presumably you only have one of your board's two LAN NICs connected to your router, or, if both, they are on different subnets?

Do you have two LED's on the LAN port at the server end of the cable to your router? Same for the LAN port at the router?

Have you tried a new LAN cable?

Let us know what you find.

Redcoat

MVP
Hmm.. I just looked at my SCM-F IPMI info - only gives me network info for the BMC - sorry, not a good suggestion, I fear.

lyle

Contributor
Yes, NIC lights are blinking on both ends.
There is only one ethernet port on the back, so not sure why I'm seeing two NICs in Freenas (em0, em1)?
Will try a new cable tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion.

NugentS

MVP
Well if the FreeNAS says the IP address is good, then I would tend to suspect something else in the network.
Cable, Switch etc, possible network card itself - the port might be knackered.

Redcoat

MVP
There is only one ethernet port on the back, so not sure why I'm seeing two NICs in Freenas (em0, em1)?
According to my user manual for X9SCM-F Rev 1.2b (which covers your X9SCL-F board also) you should have 3 Ethernet ports - one each for LAN1, LAN2 and IPMI. eth0 and eth1 would be LAN1 and LAN2. Into which port is you network cable plugged?

lyle

Contributor
I replace the cable and am back in business. That should have been the first thing I tried. Duh! Thanks for your suggestions!