FreeNAS + Acrosync + Windows error" skipping non regular files"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleksander M

Cadet
Hi Everyone,

Apologies ft that issue is existing already in the forum, but I could't find it. I am struggling for some time now with Acrosync( which is windows client for rsync that does not require cygwin installation and is supposed to ingrate itself well with freenas) and rsync. I am backing up data from a Windows 7 machine that is joined to the domain using Acrosync program. I've setup SMB shared folder where Acrosync is logging in using domain account. I was testing it and was working fine, however folder and files I am backing up have "read only" attribute setup and this results in only folders being copied and not the files as they are skipped with the message "Skipping Non-regular file". If I change files attributes either by removing "read only" or adding "file is ready for archiving" then everything get copied over just fine, but I can't run another script before backup, that will be overwriting file attributes every time. Unfortunately, files are created by application and there is no way to disable that via its configuration option. On Acrosync forum I've found info that it's actually problem on Freenas side, however Freenas feedback does not say a lot for me.

This is the command that Acrosync is using:
rsync --server --modify-window=2 --log-format=%n --links --recursive -tude. . Rhodium-Backup/

and this is error it gives:
INFO: skipping non-regular file "wells/Default/2018/07/02/2018-07-02 14-33-30/focus/probe.tif"

I am running rsync on port 873 for now without ssh. The module has read and write access mode and is using domain username account to save data, which is the same as the one that Acrosync is using, group is set up to nobody.

Could someone help me to understand why is this happening?

Aleksander M

Cadet
Hi dlavigne,
No I did't so I have ditched Acrosync in favour of Delta sync which seems not to have this problem at all and give me more flexibility as I can edit commands and manually and run task in the scheduler.

Status
Not open for further replies.