[FreeNAS 9 Plugin] - Syncthing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloam

Contributor
Syncthing 0.14 brings a lot of new changes, and it will not be compatible with 0.13 systems. I'm holding up all updates to 0.14 until I have it on FreeNas

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I posted the updated plugin yesterday. tell me if there are any issues

Soloam

Contributor

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
either the server that pulls PBIs from my local repo didn't do it last night, or the CDN hasn't pushed this out to the different mirrors.

Soloam

Contributor
Still no update function! Can we anything on our end to refresh it?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
complain to iX and see if they can get to the bottom of it. Possibly CDN issues which we have had before.

Ryan Gillette

Dabbler
0.14.3 does not work for me. I tried to update from 0.13.x and it fails to start. Deleted the plugin and installed again, and yet still fails to start.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
0.14.3 does not work for me. I tried to update from 0.13.x and it fails to start. Deleted the plugin and installed again, and yet still fails to start.
did you try in a fresh jail? what output do you get from 'service syncthing onestart'

Soloam

Contributor
Updated with the update button on the GUI and it worked!

Thank you

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks, Running that in the jail for the plugin seems to have fixed it.
sounds like your plugin communication with the freenas webui isn't working.

saurav

Contributor
The update button in the GUI is not working for me. It fails with an error "Error: Failed to update plugin".

FWIW, the upper scrollbar in the "Update plugin" popup starts at 50%. Could the plugin already have been downloaded and is corrupted somehow?

and the last few lines in /var/log/messages on the host are

Code:
Aug 11 22:02:58 freenas-primary manage.py: [plugins.utils:161] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.XXX.XXX/plugins/syncthing/9/_s/stop: No JSON object could be decoded
Aug 11 22:03:03 freenas-primary manage.py: [plugins.utils:161] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.XXX.XXX/plugins/syncthing/9/_s/stop: No JSON object could be decoded
Aug 11 22:03:38 freenas-primary manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:37] [MiddlewareError: Failed to update plugin]
Aug 11 22:03:52 freenas-primary manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:621] An error occurred while unserializing from http://192.168.XXX.XXX/plugins/syncthing/9/_s/treemenu: No JSON object could be decoded

There's no relevant log in the syncthing jail.

I tried restarting the plugin and its jail. Didn't help. Is there something else to try, like manually uploading the pbi?

Thanks!
Saurav.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
The update button in the GUI is not working for me. It fails with an error "Error: Failed to update plugin".

FWIW, the upper scrollbar in the "Update plugin" popup starts at 50%. Could the plugin already have been downloaded and is corrupted somehow?

and the last few lines in /var/log/messages on the host are

Code:
Aug 11 22:02:58 freenas-primary manage.py: [plugins.utils:161] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.XXX.XXX/plugins/syncthing/9/_s/stop: No JSON object could be decoded
Aug 11 22:03:03 freenas-primary manage.py: [plugins.utils:161] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.XXX.XXX/plugins/syncthing/9/_s/stop: No JSON object could be decoded
Aug 11 22:03:38 freenas-primary manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:37] [MiddlewareError: Failed to update plugin]
Aug 11 22:03:52 freenas-primary manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:621] An error occurred while unserializing from http://192.168.XXX.XXX/plugins/syncthing/9/_s/treemenu: No JSON object could be decoded

There's no relevant log in the syncthing jail.

I tried restarting the plugin and its jail. Didn't help. Is there something else to try, like manually uploading the pbi?

Thanks!
Saurav.
upload anoter PBI to the syncthing jail for example the sabnzbd plugin
stop and delete the syncthing plugin
upload the latest syncthing plugin
delete the extra plugin

I've even read of people just uploading the latest PBI over the old one, but I haven't verified this myself.

saurav

Contributor
Just tried what you suggested. It fails saying "jail is not running, make sure it is running", even though the syncthing jail is indeed running. I even restarted the jail, to no avail.

At step 2/3, it says "creating jail" which seems weird since I'm trying to install it into an existing jail.

I guess my only option is to take a backup of /var/db/syncthing, delete the plugin, install the latest one and restore /var/db/syncthing?

Thanks for your help!
Saurav.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Just tried what you suggested. It fails saying "jail is not running, make sure it is running", even though the syncthing jail is indeed running. I even restarted the jail, to no avail.

At step 2/3, it says "creating jail" which seems weird since I'm trying to install it into an existing jail.

I guess my only option is to take a backup of /var/db/syncthing, delete the plugin, install the latest one and restore /var/db/syncthing?

Thanks for your help!
Saurav.
you couldn't upload anyPBI to your jail on the jails tab?

saurav

Contributor
I tried only one, the mylar plugin. Could it be different for some other plugin?

Logs have this:

Code:
Aug 12 00:00:38 freenas-primary manage.py: [common.pipesubr:71] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.YYY.YYY
Aug 12 00:00:43 freenas-primary manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:37] [MiddlewareError: The plugins jail is not running, start it before proceeding]
Aug 12 00:00:58 freenas-primary manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:621] An error occurred while unserializing from http://192.168.XXX.XXX/plugins/syncthing/9/_s/treemenu: No JSON object could be decoded

I vaguely remember that for plugins, there's something that runs inside the jail that the firmware on the host talks to, which is spawned when the jail is started. For some reason, its not running in my syncthing jail. But I can't remember what that is.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I tried only one, the mylar plugin. Could it be different for some other plugin?

Logs have this:

Code:
Aug 12 00:00:38 freenas-primary manage.py: [common.pipesubr:71] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.YYY.YYY
Aug 12 00:00:43 freenas-primary manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:37] [MiddlewareError: The plugins jail is not running, start it before proceeding]
Aug 12 00:00:58 freenas-primary manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:621] An error occurred while unserializing from http://192.168.XXX.XXX/plugins/syncthing/9/_s/treemenu: No JSON object could be decoded

I vaguely remember that for plugins, there's something that runs inside the jail that the firmware on the host talks to, which is spawned when the jail is started. For some reason, its not running in my syncthing jail. But I can't remember what that is.
maybe even the uploading PBIs requires the jail has working networking. I suggesting you disable VIMAGE for the jail, assign it an interface, and restart it. then try the upload

saurav

Contributor
I suggesting you disable VIMAGE for the jail, assign it an interface, and restart it. then try the upload
The networking in the jail is working ok. You still want me to try this?

Syncthing 0.13 is running fine in the jail. The reason I'm trying to upgrade it is, syncthing on my phone has upgraded, and very soon some other machine somewhere will also upgrade automatically. So either I downgrade the one on my phone (don't know how) and freeze every other installation, or upgrade the one running on freenas. I chose the latter.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
The networking in the jail is working ok. You still want me to try this?

Syncthing 0.13 is running fine in the jail. The reason I'm trying to upgrade it is, syncthing on my phone has upgraded, and very soon some other machine somewhere will also upgrade automatically. So either I downgrade the one on my phone (don't know how) and freeze every other installation, or upgrade the one running on freenas. I chose the latter.
up to you if you want to try it. that is what I always do to keep from having networking issues.

but saving /var/db/syncthing like you said works too

Soloam

Contributor
Hello Joshua, any plans on updating the plugin to the new version 0.14.17?

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.