[FreeNAS 9 Plugin] - BitTorrent Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

emk2203

Guru
Thanks for the pbi! Do you have recommendations for sensible permissions settings for the folder(s)?

raidflex

Guru
Any eta for the updated plugin?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
VERSION 1.2.82
  • Updated to latest version
  • Added advanced settings to plugins settings window
  • Link to program WebUI opens in a new tab/window
EDIT - POSSIBLE BUG
On a fresh install I can sometimes not access the WebUI for a long time. The log keeps showing the below.
Code:
UPnP: Could not map UPnP Port on this pass, retrying.
UPnP: Unable to map port 192.168.2.30:13104 with UPnP.

I can only access the WebUI once the log shows the below
Code:
NAT-PMP: Mapped TCP port 28721 -> 192.168.2.30:28721
NAT-PMP: Mapped UDP port 28721 -> 192.168.2.30:28721
NAT-PMP: Got external IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

I created a thread about this here.

EDIT2
I can't reproduce the bug anymore. I have a feeling this was due to partial outages for BitTorrent's relay servers yesterday.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
VERSION 1.2.82p1
  • Change port on link to program WebUI based on port setting

Whitebird

Cadet
Great project! The 64 bit version works perfectly.

A smaller NAS I'm trying to set up is 32 bit though, is it possible to release a 32 bit binary? If not, is it possible to compile it myself?

Thank you in advance.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Yeah, the source I have on github needs like 3-4 more lines of code for 32bit to compile, I can fix it up tonight. You could then compile the PBI. Though I warn you, it takes a really long time when you compile your first PBI because you'll also be compiling all of freebsd, and on a 32bit machine that could take a while.

EDIT
Done.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Just an FYI... FreeNAS 32-bit is dead.. 9.2.1.3 is the last version of FreeNAS to ever be 32-bit. So instead of trying to make PBIs work with your system, you should seriously consider upgrading your hardware to support x64 so that you aren't left with an obsolete version of FreeNAS with major security problems.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Version 1.3.67
  • Should be in the repo soon. See https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/4657
  • I moved the datadirectory to /var/db/btsync. Make sure to backup your old /usr/pbi/btsync/etc/btsync directory if updating.

raidflex

Guru
How do you update the plugin within the btsync gui? I do see a new plugin available but there is no update button for it in Freenas. So I figured I just could update from 1.3.67 to 1.3.80 from within the btsync gui, but see no option and it says its up to date.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
How do you update the plugin within the btsync gui? I do see a new plugin available but there is no update button for it in Freenas. So I figured I just could update from 1.3.67 to 1.3.80 from within the btsync gui, but see no option and it says its up to date.

I have never seen the 'update checks' work even though BitTorrent said they fixed it. I'm not sure how to update through the FreeNAS GUI, I haven't read any documentation on how to create PBIs that present the update button so I don't know how to make sure this works.

Alecmascot

Guru

meester wood

Cadet
BTSync is in beta and under heavy development. This plugin borders upon dangerous without the update button working properly. Refer to the BTSync forums for a plethora of 'lost data' cases. The resolution always seems to be, "update to the latest version."

For the time being:
Is the recommended method for upgrading to install the new plugin as a new jail and delete the old plugin and jail?
Does adding/removing jails constantly leave any leftovers in the OS? The Windows registry will never leave my memory.
How about plugins? Does adding/removing plugins constantly leave any leftovers in the freeNAS (I don't know what to call this) file structure/config files?

raidflex

Guru
I noticed that Freenas will still not show the update button when a new version of BTSync is available in the Freenas GUI. I have to manually backup and reinstall the plugin. Its not really a big deal, but I am just wondering why it does not come up. It does show up for Plex.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I have no idea. the 'create a plugin' wiki doesn't document how this works

fracai

Guru
Any idea estimate on when you might be able to put out an update for 1.4?
Thanks.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Any idea estimate on when you might be able to put out an update for 1.4?
Thanks.
I just took a look at doing this and noticed they no longer host their releases at http://syncapp.bittorrent.com
I gotta figure out a consistent link to grab specific version numbers.

be-rad!

Cadet
and thank you very much for your work so far Joshua.
do you know of any other way to update/install the newest version of btsync in freenas 9.2.1.7?

Status
Not open for further replies.