Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Freenas 9.1 RC2 - Initial Speed Testing Slow?

Western Digital Drives - The Preferred Drives of FreeNAS and TrueNAS CORE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatti420

Wizard
Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
1,437
Hello everybody,

Got inspired and decided to run some speed tests on my freenas box.. Seems to be holding up well using ZFS and not noticing any big performance hits for real life use.. Using http://forums.freenas.org/threads/intel-nic-vs-realtek-nic-performance-testing.10325/ for reference..

Some of the box is cobbled together from older parts laying around.. I did upgrade however and go through lots of troubles initially moving to freenas 8 - 4k align - bad drives.. bad NICs during hardware testing.. Main use for this box is CIFS/streaming pretty lightweight content.. No true HD content yet.. MiniDNLA added aswell.. No SSDs or significant upgrades planned other then more ram.. Lots more ram.. Box was left to idle and MiniDLNA finished scanning before starting any tests.. Traffic was minimized on network.. Both of these onboard NICs aren't optimal.. However I want to avoid purchasing intel NICs at this time.. Just curious what everybody thought of these speeds..



NAS
Freenas 9.1 RC2 - Kingston DataTraveler DT100 USB 3.0
460W Xtreme Power Plus
Gigabyte H77M-D3H REV1.0 (F9)
Pentium G630 @ 2.7ghz
10GB Non-ECC Ram 1333mhz @ 1067mhz
2 x Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 ( Individual Drives/Raw Storage/Sata3 ports[NEWSTORE0/NEWSTORE1)
1 x Western Digital WD20EARX (Sata2 port (Mirror 1 [GREENMIRROR]))**
1 x Western Digital WD20EARS (Sata2 port (Mirror 1 [GREENMIRROR]))**
Thermaltake Performance Fan
Atheros Gigabit LAN Onboard
AHCI Enabled - Standard bios settings..
---
Intel NAS Computer*
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 - X64
Asus Motherboard
I5-2500K Intel CPU
8GB Ram
1 x SSD
1 x Seagate 1TB HDD
Realtek GBE Gigabit LAN Onboard
AHCI Enabled - Standard bios settings..
---
Network
1 x Cisco DPC3825 (Modem/Router)
Cat 6 Ethernet Cables

Freenas CIFS Settings Changed
EA Support = On
Dos File Attrib = On
AIO = On
***Possible further changes and/or return to stock settings..
---

Basic Testing "DD" - #1 (GUI Shell)

Code:
/mnt/NEWSTORE0]# dd if=/dev/zero of=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in                                                           
51200+0 records out                                                         
107374182400 bytes transferred in 729.069009 secs (147275746 bytes/sec)
 
dd of=/dev/zero if=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in                                                           
51200+0 records out                                                         
107374182400 bytes transferred in 611.827161 secs (175497574 bytes/sec)

<<Removing tmp.dat>>
Code:
/mnt/NEWSTORE1]# dd if=/dev/zero of=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in                                                             
51200+0 records out                                                           
107374182400 bytes transferred in 753.135016 secs (142569632 bytes/sec)
 
dd of=/dev/zero if=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in                                                               
51200+0 records out                                                             
107374182400 bytes transferred in 628.596551 secs (170815736 bytes/sec)

<<Removing tmp.dat>>
Code:
scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h58m with 0 errors on Tue Jul  9 00:58:40 2013
config:                                                                           
        NAME                                            STATE    READ WRITE CKSUM 
        GREENMIRROR                                    ONLINE      0    0    0 
          mirror-0                                      ONLINE      0    0    0 
            gptid/9d1a1ac0-ffb4-11e1-a826-902b346552f2  ONLINE      0    0    0 
            gptid/9d72ccaf-ffb4-11e1-a826-902b346552f2  ONLINE      0    0    0 
errors: No known data errors  

Code:
/mnt/GREENMIRROR]# dd if=/dev/zero of=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in                                                                       
51200+0 records out                                                                     
107374182400 bytes transferred in 1316.502962 secs (81560153 bytes/sec)
dd of=/dev/zero if=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k             
51200+0 records in                                                                           
51200+0 records out                                                                         
107374182400 bytes transferred in 697.851722 secs (153863893 bytes/sec)
dd if=/dev/zero of=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k                 
51200+0 records in                                                                               
51200+0 records out                                                                             
107374182400 bytes transferred in 1275.665333 secs (84171122 bytes/sec)
dd of=/dev/zero if=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k                       
51200+0 records in                                                                                     
51200+0 records out                                                                                   
107374182400 bytes transferred in 701.637923 secs (153033607 bytes/sec)

<<Removing tmp.dat>>

#2 - Intel NAS Performance Toolkit - NEWSTORE0 (ST2000DM001) (SATA3)

HDVideo_1Play = 97.343MB/s
HDVideo_2Play = 110.620MB/s
HDVideo_4Play = 109.043MB/s
HDVideo_1Record = 213.472MB/s
HDVideo_1Play_1Record =97.641MB/s
ContentCreation = 7.141MB/s
OfficeProductivity = 50.293MB/s
FileCopyToNAS = 324.984MB/s
FileCopyFromNAS = 92.776MB/s
DirectoryCopyToNAS = 5.706MB/s
DirectoryCopyFromNAS = 17.793MB/s
PhotoAlbum = 12.124MB/s
* Test system has 8GB ram potentially skewing Intel NAS Toolkit results..
** Drive accessed before test initialised to ensure drives spinning/operational..

#3 - Intel NAS Performance Toolkit - NEWSTORE1 (ST2000DM001) (SATA3)
HDVideo_1Play = 108.106MB/s
HDVideo_2Play = 115.238MB/s
HDVideo_4Play = 115.674MB/s
HDVideo_1Record = 201.102MB/s
HDVideo_1Play_1Record = 111.479MB/s
ContentCreation = 2.693MB/s
OfficeProductivity = 56.089MB/s
FileCopyToNAS = 260.416MB/s
FileCopyFromNAS = 101.276MB/s
DirectoryCopyToNAS = 10.065MB/s
DirectoryCopyFromNAS = 23.501MB/s
PhotoAlbum = 14.568MB/s
* Test system has 8GB ram potentially skewing Intel NAS Toolkit results..
** Drive accessed before test initialised to ensure drives spinning/operational..

The speeds via CIFS transfers from a wired computer on gigabit seem fine at aprox 95-100MB/s via windows 7 eyeball.. DD seems very slow.. I'm going to do some more testing throughout the day.. Seems pretty solid 100MB/s.. Happy with this..

#4 - Intel NAS Performance Toolkit - GREENMIRROR (WD20EARX/WD20EARS)


#5 NEWSTORE0 - Crystal DiskMark (2Pass \ 100MB )
Sequential Read : 110.726 MB/s
Sequential Write : 107.373 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 107.493 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 81.825 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 11.224 MB/s [ 2740.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.256 MB/s [ 62.5 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 11.517 MB/s [ 2811.7 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.258 MB/s [ 63.1 IOPS]
Test : 100 MB (x2)

#6 NEWSTORE1 - Crystal DiskMark (2Pass \ 100MB )
Sequential Read : 110.793 MB/s
Sequential Write : 111.398 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 107.493 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 80.120 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 11.254 MB/s [ 2747.6 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.171 MB/s [ 41.9 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 11.473 MB/s [ 2801.1 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.286 MB/s [ 69.9 IOPS]
Test : 100 MB (x2)

#7 GREENMIRROR - Crystal DiskMark (2Pass \ 100MB )
Sequential Read : 110.960 MB/s
Sequential Write : 109.000 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 106.998 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 73.940 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 11.222 MB/s [ 2739.8 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.270 MB/s [ 65.8 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 11.015 MB/s [ 2689.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.202 MB/s [ 49.2 IOPS]
Test : 100 MB (x2)
--
#8 NEWSTORE0 - Windows Large File Transfer (11GB TV SHOWS) - +\- 100 MB/s
#9 NEWSTORE1 - Windows Large File Transfer (11GB TV SHOWS) (Teracopy monitor?)
#10 GREENMIRROR - Windows Large File Transfer (11GB TV SHOWS) (Teracopy monitor?)
--

**** Other tests omitted.. See updated below..
 

joeschmuck

Old Man
Moderator
Joined
May 28, 2011
Messages
9,284
Check my facts but the ST2000DM001 drive has a sustained maximum throughput of just over 200MB/sec. Toss in some overhead and your figures for the dd test are probably correct. The WD20EARS is about 110MB/sec.

The reason you perform a dd test is to see what your access to data limitation is from the hard drive perspective. You now know that it is not a bottleneck in your system. I would like to see a dd test on the greenmirror though.
 

Yatti420

Wizard
Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
1,437
Will get all drives up eventually do just wanted to make sure.. The drives arent fresh & I havent rebooted after every dd test so it can take awhile.. I was worried more about time til completion compared to another NAS box.. After I get all the dd tests done I'll move back to doing Intel nas perf tests on all drives once my friend goes to work..

You are correct regarding the throughput of the drives.. It looks like with some overhead a read of 167.36MB/s seems reasonable and doesn't indicate a bottleneck..

I noticed red drives have a max throughput 145MB/s ... Why are your dd tests showing 300MB/s.. Is this due to a raid setup allowing higher throughput or just better mobo etc? This is what confused me initially and led me to believe I might have more problems then initially thought..
 

joeschmuck

Old Man
Moderator
Joined
May 28, 2011
Messages
9,284
Yes, my speed was 300MB/sec, my interface limitation. The pool was four drives I believe so this makes things a bit faster as I'm looking for pieces of data across 4 drives vice just one. My drives as you indicated have a maximum throughput of about 145MB/sec, that's under ideal circumstances. You do not need to reboot between dd tests as this is raw data, caching isn't in play here. So now I have a RAIDZ2 with 6 of the 2TB WD Red drives. My results changed from my first tests and it looks like writing takes longer yet reading has sped up so RAIDZ2 did make an impact. Still this is not a bottleneck for my system but it did show me something changed that I really wasn't thinking about.

Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in
51200+0 records out
107374182400 bytes transferred in 532.281374 secs (201724478 bytes/sec)
 
dd of=/dev/zero if=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in
51200+0 records out
107374182400 bytes transferred in 267.410149 secs (401533684 bytes/sec)
 

Yatti420

Wizard
Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
1,437
Makes sense having raid setup will increase throughput with DD as you describe.. We got a storm passing through right now so I figured I would take a break.. Once everything is back up and running I will finalize all the tests.. I'm going to see if I can setup 5 concurrent Intel tests so I don't have to run it all manually.. I do have first results from last night and speeds seem fine.. Pretty much optimal for the current setup with just a raw drive..
 

Yatti420

Wizard
Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
1,437
Just upgraded CPU.. RAM now @ 1333mhz.. Hoping to pick up a bit more soon..
 

Yatti420

Wizard
Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
1,437
** UPDATED

NAS
Freenas 9.1 RC2 - Kingston DataTraveler DT100 USB 3.0
460W Xtreme Power Plus
Gigabyte H77M-D3H REV1.0 (F9)
Pentium G2120 @ 3.1ghz
12 GB Non-ECC Ram 1333mhz 9-9-9-24
2 x Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 ( Individual Drives/Raw Storage/Sata3 ports[NEWSTORE0/NEWSTORE1]
1 x Western Digital WD20EARX (Sata2 port (Mirror 1 [GREENMIRROR]))**
1 x Western Digital WD20EARS (Sata2 port (Mirror 1 [GREENMIRROR]))**
Thermaltake Performance Fan
Atheros Gigabit LAN Onboard
AHCI Enabled - Standard bios settings..
---
Intel NAS Computer*
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 - X64
Asus Motherboard
I5-2500K Intel CPU
8GB Ram
1 x SSD
1 x Seagate 1TB HDD
Realtek GBE Gigabit LAN Onboard
AHCI Enabled - Standard bios settings..
---
Network
1 x Cisco DPC3825 Bridged Mode
1 x D-LinkDIR-655 Extreme N Gigabit Router
Cat 6 Ethernet Cables

Freenas CIFS Settings Changed
Local Master = Enabled
EA Support = On
Dos File Attrib = On
Unix Extensions = On
AIO = OFF
--


Basic Testing "DD" - #1 (GUI Shell)

Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in
51200+0 records out
107374182400 bytes transferred in 824.679705 secs (130201073 bytes/sec)
 
dd of=/dev/zero if=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in
51200+0 records out
107374182400 bytes transferred in 665.624405 secs (161313470 bytes/sec)


Capacity = 10% REMAINING \ 90% FULL
124.17 MB/s WRITE
153.84 MB/s READ

Code:
/mnt/NEWSTORE1# dd if=/dev/zero of=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in
51200+0 records out
107374182400 bytes transferred in 709.444725 secs (151349610 bytes/sec)
 
dd of=/dev/zero if=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in
51200+0 records out
107374182400 bytes transferred in 583.733793 secs (183943749 bytes/sec)


Capacity = 80% REMAINING \ 20% FULL
144.34 MB/s WRITE
175.42 MB/s READ

Code:
 /mnt/GREENMIRROR# dd if=/dev/zero of=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in
51200+0 records out
107374182400 bytes transferred in 1324.983756 secs (81038112 bytes/sec)
 
dd of=/dev/zero if=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in
51200+0 records out
107374182400 bytes transferred in 705.844341 secs (152121617 bytes/sec)


Capacity = 78% REMAINING / 22% FULL
77.28 MB/s WRITE
145.07 MB/s READ

----

**** Other tests omitted.. See updated below..

#2 - Intel NAS Performance Toolkit - NEWSTORE0 (ST2000DM001) (SATA3)
#3 - Intel NAS Performance Toolkit - NEWSTORE1 (ST2000DM001) (SATA3)
#4 - Intel NAS Performance Toolkit - GREENMIRROR (WD20EARX/WD20EARS)
#5 NEWSTORE0 - Crystal DiskMark 3.0.2 x64 (2Pass \ 100MB )
#6 NEWSTORE1 - Crystal DiskMark 3.0.2 x64 (2Pass \ 100MB )
#7 GREENMIRROR - Crystal DiskMark 3.0.2 x64 (2Pass \ 100MB )
#8 NEWSTORE0 - Windows Large File Transfer (11GB TV SHOWS) (+/-)
#9 NEWSTORE1 - Windows Large File Transfer (11GB TV SHOWS) (Teracopy monitor?)
#10 GREENMIRROR - Windows Large File Transfer (11GB TV SHOWS) (Teracopy monitor?)
 

Yatti420

Wizard
Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
1,437
Thought I would update since FreeNAS 9.1.1 is out.. I've done a clean install with a clean jail install removing previous directories and folders for efficiency.. This NAS box mainly serves 2 people at a time. 2 - 4 clients or applications at a time.. One wired computer the testing computer.. as well as my room which is fully wireless.. Since last tests firmware has been updated on both Seagate hard drives.. CC4B to CC4H - how to here.. WDIDLE confirmed disabled both WD Green drives..

Network
----------------
1 x Cisco DPC3825 (Bridged)
1 x D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme-N Gigabit Router
CAT6 Network Cables

Client PC
----------------
Windows 7 - x64 Ultimate (Fully Patched)
NZXT Tempest 410 Elite - Stock Fans
Corsair GX Series PSU
Asus P8P67 Rev 3 - FW-3602
Onboard Realtek GBE Gigabit LAN
EVGA GTX570HD
Intel Core I5 2500K @ +/- 3.3GHz - 3.4GHz (34 multiplier locked to limit turbo)
Stock Intel Heatsink
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR1333MHZ Ram @ 1600MHZ **
1 x OCZ-SOLID3 128GB SSD
1 x WDC WD1002FAEX 1TB SATA3
(BIOS - AHCI - ENABLED)
**Test system has 8GB ram potentially skewing Intel NAS Toolkit & Crystalmark results..

NAS Box
----------------
FreeNAS 9.1.1 - Release
Generic Computer Case
Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H (F9) REV1.0
Onboard Atheros GbE LAN chip
Onboard Motherboard Graphics
Intel Pentium G2120
Stock Intel Heatsink
8GB DDR 3 1333MHZ Crucial Ballistix
4GB DDR3 1333MHZ Samsung
2 x ST2000DM001 - Standalone Drives (SATA3 Ports)
1 x WD20EARS - Mirror (SATA2 Port) {WDIdle - Disabled}
1 x WD20EARX - Mirror (SATA2 Port) {WDIdle - Disabled}
460W CoolerMaster Xtreme Power Plus
8GB Kingston DataTraveler 100 G3 (USB3)
Thermaltake Performance Fans
(BIOS - AHCI - ENABLED)

CIFS Settings
----------------
Local Master = Enabled
Time Server For Domain = Enabled
Support for DOS File Atributes = Enabled
UNIX Extensions = Enabled
ZeroCONF Share Discovery = Enabled

All other settings are default/standard/NA.. No changes made really with 9.1.1 release..


Pools - ZFS In Use
----------------
NEWSTORE0 - 1 x ST2000DM001
NEWSTORE1 - 1 x ST2000DM001
GREENMIRROR - 1 x WD20EARX/ 1 x WD20EARS
----------------

For testing all plugins and services are disabled if applicable.. SMB/CIFS remains on as Intel NASPT will use this.. .. NAS left to idle before tests started.. Drives initiated via SMB/CIFS before tests are started.. All custom drive settings removed to prevent & guarantee no OS spindown commands.. Security essentials and anything that can interrupt or slow testing disabled in Windows 7...Network activity is at a minimum..

Code:
camcontrol devlist
<ST2000DM001-9YN164 CC4H>          at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (ada0,pass0)
<ST2000DM001-9YN164 CC4H>          at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (ada1,pass1)
<WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0 51.0AB51>    at scbus2 target 0 lun 0 (ada2,pass2)
<WDC WD20EARX-008FB0 51.0AB51>    at scbus4 target 0 lun 0 (ada3,pass3)
<Kingston DataTraveler 3.0 PMAP>  at scbus6 target 0 lun 0 (pass4,da0)


--
Basic Testing "DD" - #1 (GUI Shell and/or PUTTY)


NEWSTORE0 - Ran Once
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in
51200+0 records out
107374182400 bytes transferred in 778.069501 secs (138000760 bytes/sec)
dd of=/dev/zero if=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in
51200+0 records out
107374182400 bytes transferred in 642.329848 secs (167163620 bytes/sec)

Capacity = 3% REMAINING \ 97% FULL
131.61 MB/s WRITE
159.42 MB/s READ
...
NEWSTORE1 - Ran Once
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in
51200+0 records out
107374182400 bytes transferred in 706.497931 secs (151980887 bytes/sec)
dd of=/dev/zero if=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in     
51200+0 records out   
107374182400 bytes transferred in 596.903350 secs (179885374 bytes/sec)

Capacity = 74% REMAINING \ 26% FULL
144.94 MB/s WRITE
171.55 MB/s READ
...
GREENMIRROR - Ran Once
Code:
 dd if=/dev/zero of=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in               
51200+0 records out             
107374182400 bytes transferred in 1423.130557 secs (75449285 bytes/sec)
dd of=/dev/zero if=tmp.dat bs=2048k count=50k
51200+0 records in                         
51200+0 records out                       
107374182400 bytes transferred in 743.804638 secs (144358044 bytes/sec)

Capacity = 77% REMAINING / 23% FULL
71.95 MB/s WRITE (~ -35% Decrease Write Speed Vs Max Throughput - Single Drive)
137.67 MB/s READ (~ 25% Increase Read Speed Vs Max Throughput - Single Drive)
----------------
#2 - Intel NAS Performance Toolkit - NEWSTORE0 (ST2000DM001) (SATA3)

Code:
Testname                  Run1    Run2    Run3    Run4    Run5    Median
HD Video Playback        109.0    108.2    107.2    108.0    109.4    108.2MB/s
2x HD Playback            115.8    115.7    115.7    115.8    115.8    115.8MB/s
4x HD Playback            113.9    116.2    112.8    111.5    116.1    113.9MB/s
HD Video Record          298.1    291.1    266.7    229.0    270.9    270.9MB/s
HD Playback and Record    114.2    112.6    110.0    115.1    116.1    114.2MB/s
Content Creation            8.2      4.2      6.2      3.3      4.7      4.7MB/s
Office Productivity        54.6    54.1    51.8    51.8    48.8    51.8MB/s
File copy to NAS          324.0    366.8    320.9    265.4    365.3    324.0MB/s
File copy from NAS        105.3    106.0    105.9    105.2    105.2    105.3MB/s
Dir copy to NAS            5.7      5.9      5.8      5.8      5.7      5.8MB/s
Dir copy from NAS          30.6    28.0    28.3    29.1    38.1    29.1MB/s
Photo Album                13.3    13.7    13.7    13.6    13.8    13.7MB/s

#3 - Intel NAS Performance Toolkit - NEWSTORE1 (ST2000DM001) (SATA3)
#4 - Intel NAS Performance Toolkit - GREENMIRROR (WD20EARX/WD20EARS)
Code:
Testname                  Run1    Run2    Run3    Run4    Run5    Median
HD Video Playback        111.3    111.5    111.1    111.2    107.9    111.2MB/s
2x HD Playback            115.9    115.9    115.9    115.8    114.5    115.9MB/s
4x HD Playback            116.2    116.2    116.1    115.2    115.7    116.1MB/s
HD Video Record          255.3    145.9    254.3    256.9    206.1    254.3MB/s
HD Playback and Record    113.2    114.0    115.9    115.4    110.1    114.0MB/s
Content Creation            6.0      6.9      5.2      6.0      4.7      6.0MB/s
Office Productivity        47.8    47.5    45.2    50.1    50.2    47.8MB/s
File copy to NAS          365.7    362.8    100.9    276.1    316.4    316.4MB/s
File copy from NAS        105.7    104.9    105.2    104.6    105.3    105.2MB/s
Dir copy to NAS            4.3      4.4      4.4      4.1      4.5      4.4MB/s
Dir copy from NAS          32.0    29.8    34.8    31.1    30.8    31.1MB/s
Photo Album                13.8    13.6    13.8    13.6    13.6    13.6MB/s


#5 NEWSTORE0 - Crystal DiskMark (2Pass \ 100MB )
Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 3.0.2 x64 (C) 2007-2013 hiyohiyo
                          Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]
 
          Sequential Read :  112.096 MB/s
          Sequential Write :  113.272 MB/s
        Random Read 512KB :  109.924 MB/s
        Random Write 512KB :  104.701 MB/s
    Random Read 4KB (QD=1) :    11.344 MB/s [  2769.6 IOPS]
  Random Write 4KB (QD=1) :    1.709 MB/s [  417.3 IOPS]
  Random Read 4KB (QD=32) :    91.640 MB/s [ 22373.0 IOPS]
  Random Write 4KB (QD=32) :    88.095 MB/s [ 21507.6 IOPS]
 
  Test : 100 MB [X: 91.9% (1678.6/1827.0 GB)] (x2)
  Date : 2013/08/30 18:14:22
    OS : Windows 7 Ultimate Edition SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x64)
  

#6 NEWSTORE1 - Crystal DiskMark (2Pass \ 100MB )
Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 3.0.2 x64 (C) 2007-2013 hiyohiyo
                          Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]
 
          Sequential Read :  112.267 MB/s
          Sequential Write :  114.616 MB/s
        Random Read 512KB :  109.826 MB/s
        Random Write 512KB :    95.183 MB/s
    Random Read 4KB (QD=1) :    11.348 MB/s [  2770.6 IOPS]
  Random Write 4KB (QD=1) :    0.357 MB/s [    87.1 IOPS]
  Random Read 4KB (QD=32) :    91.328 MB/s [ 22296.9 IOPS]
  Random Write 4KB (QD=32) :    88.291 MB/s [ 21555.5 IOPS]
 
  Test : 100 MB [Y: 20.7% (378.8/1825.5 GB)] (x2)
  Date : 2013/08/30 18:17:39
    OS : Windows 7 Ultimate Edition SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x64)
  

#7 GREENMIRROR - Crystal DiskMark (2Pass \ 100MB )
Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 3.0.2 x64 (C) 2007-2013 hiyohiyo
                          Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]
 
          Sequential Read :  112.422 MB/s
          Sequential Write :  113.940 MB/s
        Random Read 512KB :  109.698 MB/s
        Random Write 512KB :  102.393 MB/s
    Random Read 4KB (QD=1) :    11.346 MB/s [  2770.0 IOPS]
  Random Write 4KB (QD=1) :    0.185 MB/s [    45.1 IOPS]
  Random Read 4KB (QD=32) :    97.002 MB/s [ 23682.1 IOPS]
  Random Write 4KB (QD=32) :    86.897 MB/s [ 21215.2 IOPS]
 
  Test : 100 MB [Z: 18.1% (312.6/1725.9 GB)] (x2)
  Date : 2013/08/30 18:21:03
    OS : Windows 7 Ultimate Edition SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x64)
  



#8 NEWSTORE0 - Windows Large File Transfer (11GB TV SHOWS)
+/- 75MB/s to +/-120MB/s >> WD TB Spinning Drive
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top